• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash on startup

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using LR 8.2 today and tried to use the Enhance Details. An error came up saying I needed to update Windows 10 for it to work. I updated Windows 10 and ever since Lightroom Classic CC and CC for Desktop crash upon startup.

I have uninstalled Classic CC and gone back to 8.1 and I am able to work. This is very frustrating.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019
First, make sure that Windows is up to date. Note, some customers won't see the latest update (Version 1809 - OS build 17763) through the automatic update mechanism. 

To solve this, please manually update:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Lightroom and Camera Raw now exercise ML support in the drivers which is used for enhanced details. The engineer looking at the crash report suspects a corrupted Nvidia GPU driver. He said he was seeing a similar issue a...

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Nividia drivers were up to date too, but after unistall all Nvidia drivers and softwares, installed 8.2 Lightroom everything became ok. Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, nothing helps, still crashing on startup 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do the same Things, but it will not work at my Notebook. I think you have at device the Microsoft Graphic Driver. This will works but not with Nvida drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m on the nvidia driver now and it still work...Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 max-Q Design driver version: 24-21-13 9836... but really don't know why .... That's all I did and it's ok in my case.RackMultipart20190216240381skc-e13ac406-3d32-437c-b2a8-acf8e64c1d0f-1174245549.PNGRackMultipart20190216240381lc5-4bf1970f-f08f-4b9a-bc66-465419d53a18-28110591.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laptop HP Omen

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can be lucky

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT A SOLUTION.

the only reason why this works, is because you reset the settings back to default.

Once you enable quality (AA, Filtering etc.. ) other settings in nvidia control panel, the poorly written Adobe software crashes again.

So if you use your PC to play games as well, and you want the best visuals, your games quality will suffer, because Adobe has bugs in their software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does work for me. all off, anialiasing etc mfaa, in dedicated profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, very annoyed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing everything over and over, updating to the newest drivers. I uninstalled all Nvidia apps and restarted, windows then installed a old Nvidia driver automatically (388.63).  Now Lightroom launches.

This isn't ideal at all. Since we are on driver 418.91 and 388.63 will not work with Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Artur - thanks for the work around

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turning off the MFAA worked for me.  Make sure to hit apply after making the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well rudi, at least I am jealous of your 1070 in your ROG while we sit here unable to Lightroom 😉 haha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucas, thanks for reporting that work around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is indeed the best way if you don't want to roll back to previous versions. And I do agree with you, for a company that makes what they make, very poor quality control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you guys finally find a fix it would be nice if you let us know. 
I am on a yearly subscription, am I entitled to get back the pro-quota of my subscription for every single day I could not use the program ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so for some of us, uninstalling all the Nvidia software and drivers (and sometimes the card, as well) causes 8.2 to work.

For some, just simply turning off MFAA and FXAA in the Nvidia settings works.

Others have been successful by going back in time a few years on drivers.

As for me, I was unsuccessful with removing the Nvidia software and drivers and re-installing the latest version, and uninstalling the card was a big mistake, as I could never re-install it other than running a system restore. Lightroom 8.2 would run, though, with no video card installed. MFAA and FXAA were already off.

Nothing is working for me. When will we be updated on a possible software fix? I must have been spoiled since LR has been running so well for me since they fixed the slowness issue of version 7.

This experience has reminded me how it takes Adobe sometimes a year or more to recognize and fix an issue that doesn't affect every single one of their subscribers. Please. Adobe engineers, give us an update on when we can expect a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried simply disable the card in device manager ? 
works for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, it is not a usable solution as it runs like complete doodoo editing raw images from pro cameras, it launched... but is in no way usable for me this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i understand.
But you can re-enable the card once it launched. Not ideal but a fix. 
I am not sure it is superstable like this but it works form me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There doesn't seem to have been any kind of official comment or even acknowledgement of this issue anywhere from Adobe or have I missed it?

I have always considered the cost of Adobe products being justified as the cost of choosing a "premium" product over some of the "budget" offerings but recently I find it harder to justify especially now I am paying via subscription for a version that will not run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Root cause appears to be a NVIDIA driver that was corrupted during the Win 10 update process.  This can likely be remedied by using Add/Remove Programs to remove all NVIDIA-related components from the system, then doing a clean re-install of the current NVIDIA driver.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All done but this was dort work

Votes

Translate

Translate