• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash on startup

LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using LR 8.2 today and tried to use the Enhance Details. An error came up saying I needed to update Windows 10 for it to work. I updated Windows 10 and ever since Lightroom Classic CC and CC for Desktop crash upon startup.

I have uninstalled Classic CC and gone back to 8.1 and I am able to work. This is very frustrating.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019
First, make sure that Windows is up to date. Note, some customers won't see the latest update (Version 1809 - OS build 17763) through the automatic update mechanism. 

To solve this, please manually update:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028685/windows-10-get-the-update

Lightroom and Camera Raw now exercise ML support in the drivers which is used for enhanced details. The engineer looking at the crash report suspects a corrupted Nvidia GPU driver. He said he was seeing a similar issue a...

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what solved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same lightroom 8.2 crashes on start up.windows is up to date all graphics on board and dedicated graphics card are all up to date.this had only been an issue since the February lightroom updated.photoshop is working fine.i suspect a bug in the software.lots of crash reports sent .I get the feeling that the Adobe engineer are having a hard time trying to sort this .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of disabling the driver would this work?
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/set-which-video-cards-are-used-apps-games-windows-10

I am afraid, my machine only has one graphics card so I can't test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too
GTX1070 Premier Pro has an issue the 1070 as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

doesn't work we are been use as guinea pig that not right they release a product that they new did not work.  not verry please

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of the suppose fix work !!! doesn't work we are been use as guinea pig that not right they release a product that they new did not work.  not verry please , i spend 3 hour with tech support witch they log in my computer did a bunch of try and change lot of setting and still does not work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating is not enough. You have to remove the old drivers first.

I would remove all Nvidia software and remove the card in device manager. Restart the computer. Remove LR. Make another restart. 

Then install a new driver, and LR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOT A SOLUTION

When you uninstall drivers you completely reset the graphical setting, when you reinstall them again it "might" work.

Set your graphical settings back to quality and program doesn't work again.

With my 1080TI turning off FXAA and MFAA in nvidia control panel worked.

There is nothing wrong with the driver, just someone that Adobe doesn't know how to code, and for multibillion company to turn paying customers into beta testers is riddicous, with proper QA, this should never happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia has released new drivers, no more crash !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same it works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I installed the new Nvidia graphics driver (did a clean install) and Lightroom 8.2 now launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i use the ddu driver removal program in safe mode and install the latest nvidea driver 419.17 and now both lightroom cc and lightroom  work without issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm, after updating to the new Nvidia Driver today, Lightroom works fine again. I am on a gaming laptop with a GTX 970m. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with GTX 1070 Notebook now will works with the newest nvidia.
Thanks god i can work

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH. Disabling FXAA didn't do it for me (GTX 1060) but I disabled all the anti-aliasing related options that I could in the per application settings for "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom" in the NVIDIA control panel, and that stopped the crash.

For others having this issue (probably everyone with the GTX 10xx cards running the 1809 build) who use the same computer for 3d applications/games, NVIDIA control panel -> manage 3D settings -> the 3d settings box has two tabs, Global Settings and Program Settings. So you can disable anti-aliasing for Lightroom only and not your other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help others.  Ever since April 2018 when Windows released a major update (1803) my desktop PC failed to install this update.  Despite many attempts and many hours this was still the case until May 2019.   After updating LR to 8.3 this update never worked.  Crashed every few secs. Adobe said I needed the latest (1803) windows as LR 8.3 won't work without.  Thus I attempted a win update without success, even with an ethernet connection and not (as I had been using) wifi.  I then read that removing the wifi card had helped.  So I did and removed Trusteer rapport.  Hey presto windows updated with the May 1903 version.    Now to get LR to work.  No way.  Adobe had connected to PC previously and said that the ntldll.dll file was not functioning - I had never seen any such error message.  Another few hours trying to resolve that (before updating windows).  Fruitless.  I then tried to update the Nvidia card.  Unsuccessful so contacted Nvidia and then tried to update again - quite why but successful.   Made no difference to LR.  So contacted Nvidia again.  Most helpfully they supplied an upto the minute update compliant with win 1903.  They also suggested updating with a clean install and also to check with the motherboard producer (ASUS) as having sent them a system ifo file, they noticed that the motherboard was of 2015 vintage, and there may be an update to the BIOS and other chipsets.   ASUS were very quick to respond and indeed sent a link to an update download for my motherboard.  Downloading and unzipping this on the desktop  produced a strange anomaly.  I also have AFFINITY installed on same PC.  For some obscure reason the ASUS file morphed into an unusable AFFINITY file.  So I downloaded onto my laptop and copied the unadulterated file onto the USB.   I then uninstalled AFFINITY.

I closed down the PC and put the USB in (essential before restarting) and went into the BIOS and updated as per ASUS instructions.   So now I have a PC with windows 10 (1903), updated BIOS and really up to date Nvidia driver and no AFFINITY.   By now I had LR 8.2.1 installed.   opened this - 90mins later it was still performing perfectly.  I then updated to 8.3 and have been running this version for the last 3 hours without any problems.    

Before doing all of this I went to uninstall LR and reinstall ver 6.0 but Adobe Creative Cloud needed to update.  It would not.  So I used the Adobe uninstaller.  But could not then reinstall.   To cut a long story short I had read that opening ACC from the directory worked - it did and I used the repair utility.   SO AFTER A WEEK OF MESSING ABOUT AND MANY MORE HOURS BESIDE, I NOW HAVE AN UPTO DATE pc AND A FUNCTIONING VERSION OF LR 8.3.

CHRIS MARSHAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE TO MY POST 4 DAYS AGO.  After running LR Classic almost all day for 4 days without problem, tonight the same problem returned.  Soon after opening just crashes.   I have not been able to complete one task.  As I was turning off the PC window popped up to say there is an update 8.3.1 - I updated - made no difference.   I have retsrated PC several times - makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Highly recommend you do a  fresh, clean install of the latest Nvidia video driver - not the Creative one, the gaming driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate