• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issues exporting photos to a Network Drive

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to V8.3 of Lightroom Classic I can no longer export my files to our Synology Network System, I get the following error message "The specified folder in not writable"

After contacting support they were not able to resolve my issue, they maintained that it is a network issue on my side. I could not find any answers here or anywhere on the internet and decided to report this issue.

Because I share my processed photos with the rest of the office, my only solution was to un-install V8.3 and go back to V8.2.1, by doing that it resolved my problem.

So yes Adobe you have network issues in V8.3 as version 8.2.1 works perfectly when saving files to a network drive.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019
Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 was released today and contains a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3.1 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019
Greetings all,

I wanted to give you an update on this issue. We've been able to identify a possible bug with regard to this issue. We are currently testing the fix with a few users to verify that it does cure the issue. At this time I do not have an ETA for a public-facing fix.

If your issue is with Export the workaround continues to be: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/error_export_folder.html
If your issue is with Publish Services, the only workaround is to revert to version 8.2.1. 

Th...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 150 Replies 150
150 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you work on Apple or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Windows 10 and all my files for all my applications are saved and stored on our Synology NAS System. The only files stored on my local drives are the Lightroom Catalogue files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems not to only affect exporting to network drive. I have the same problem after updating to 8.3 and I can't export to local folders.
This is not a windows issue, since I do only have this problem with Lightroom.

I found a work around, in the export box you can select in the top "select folder later". I you use this, you are allowed to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with my NAS, I can only save my files to the original location. I try on the the C drive it is not working also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue with a local folder, network location or an NAS.

Could you share the screenshot of the securities tab from the folder properties for the folder where you are facing this issue?

Thanks,
Smit

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smit Keniya I have attached a screen capture of the folder properties as requested. I'm user "ChrisFourie". As a matter of fact I cannot write/export files to any of the shared folders on our NAS when using Lightroom Classic v8.3

I can assure you that its not a write issue on our NAS. We do not experience any issues writing to any of the shared folders on our NAS using any application including all the other Adobe Creative Cloud Applications we use.

I have removed ver 8.3 and re-installed ver 8.2.1. This older version works perfectly.

Hope this helps, if you need me to perform any other tests, please feel free to ask, I'm a qualified Network Administrator RackMultipart2019051511861963f-7415ec4e-3f0d-4fa9-91df-f353baa97777-195861.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem after the latest update yesterday. The export fails with a "Folder is read-only" error message. It used to work pretty fine in for all LR versions that I ever had (from 5 up to the version before the last update).
My system: Windows 10, target export folder a mounted folder from a NAS. It is *NOT* an issue with the network folder itself. While LR complained about the "read-only" folder, I could create sub folders and files there as usual.
The export into a local folder worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issues, this is really bad, my network export folder is mapped for auto cloud backups, I can't just CHANGE drives.  I'm rolling back to 8.2.1 as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was a bug in an earlier version and was subsequently fixed. Looks like the bug is back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I could export to a memory stick, though. "Select folder later" workaround worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One addition: I have several export presets. And one of them has a fixed target folder (located on a NAS), that is used to feed my tumblr account.
After the first error message, I opened the common export dialog and did a "select folder" operation (just to be sure, that the preset has correct settings).
After selecting that folder on my NAS - the export dialog was still open and no export was started yet - I got the "read only" message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Can export to desktop just fine. Can't export to the network drive. Am on Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue after yesterday's update. I can only export to the root directory of any of my drives. It is a Lightroom problem as any othe aplication can save to any folder on any drive just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone experiencing this issue on Windows? I don't see a single Mac User here yet.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not reproduce it on my mac, can export to both local and network locations. I don’t want to try it already on my main (Windows 10) system

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen two Mac users report it in the Facebook groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue on a Windows 10 PC.  I was on the phone with Adobe for 2 hours this morning an they can't seem to fix it either.  They escalated the issue.  Waiting to hear back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Linda - can you find out from those users if they mount the NAS with SMB or AFP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not the NAS, I cannot exported files on my PC drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully, Rikk why doesn't Adobe test this themselves? Instead of relying on wasting the time and patience of PAID users who have the right to expect a working product. Doesn't Adobe do any regression testing before a new release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't export on my PC drive. The only place I can export files is on the NAS drive where where the original is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@apvman, please see Smit's post above. Since we are, as of yet, unable to reproduce the bad behavior, we are gathering additional data. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this issue has been reported on another forum as well: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2621939

Votes

Translate

Translate