• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Auto Sync function syncs all Local Adjustments of a single type, not just the active one.

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is the scenario. Two RAW images have different Adjustment Brushes applied to them. They are created individually on every image, and they have different settings and brushstrokes. With Auto Sync on, and the two images selected I will add a new Adjustment brush that I want to be synced between those two photos. As I make my first brushstroke, all Adjustment Brushes applied to my active image will copy to the other image, overriding and deleting all of its existing Adjustment Brushes.

I tried this with Graduated Filter, Radial Filter and Spot Removal Tool. They all override all existing edits with the ones from the active image.

Is that a new bug or I did something wrong?

Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Lightroom Classic CC 8.1 Release Build 1200465

PC Windows 10 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can dupe this and agree it is a bug. I will get one logged.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is necessary to make a new pin for the new filter or the new brush, otherwise, it is normal that the strokes of brushes or degraded are postponed on the second image, if one is put in auto-sync!

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Rikk! I hope it will be in the pipeline soon.
Robert is right. I might go back and revise some work. I only noticed it thanks to a -4 exposure brush that was burning a number plate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming Rikk.  This should be considered a HIGH priority bug as it can unknowingly mess up a LOT of work.  Some of the local adjustment being undone are subtle and changes can go unnoticed till it is too late to easily undo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know when it started as I don't do that workflow very often.  I think I remember a couple times I lost my edits doing this but chalked it up to user error but I think it was probably just this bug.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct Robert. When do you think that started? I never have experienced it before and I edit wedding images by a ton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not only a bug but a SEVERE bug.  You can spend a lot of time and effort with the local adjustment tools only to have them wiped out by what should be a simple autosync of another local adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can reproduce by doing like that, but as I never disable auto-sync, certainly because I do not have series of image treated, the phenomenon is never produced.

But in this example of use, it's a bug!

It is necessary that this problem is validated by an engineer of Adobe for a next correction, here the explanations are my very clear times to reproduce the bug.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yves,
I think you misunderstand what is being said. I have tried this several times now, with Lightroom Classic 8.1 on my Mac, and each time it works as described. This has nothing to do with pressing the 'new' button, it is a bug. Maybe an old one, like Jim says, but a bug nevertheless.

Here is how you can reproduce it:

1: Select image1 and brush something. Press 'Done' when you are finished.
2: Select image2 and brush something different. Press 'Done' when you are finished.
3: Select both images in the film strip.
4: Select image1 again and turn on 'Auto Sync'.
5: Select the brush again and make a second (new) brush action.
6: What you will see is that both brush actions from image1 will be synced to image2, not just this new one. And the original brush action in image2 is gone.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yves, I think you don't understand what is said. I can definitely reproduce this on my Mac with LR Classic 8.1. I don't know whether or not this bug was present in previous versions, like Jim says, but this is indeed a bug (even if it's an old bug).

Here's how you can reproduce it:
1: Select image1 and brush something
2: Select image2 and brush something else
3: Go back to image1 and select both image1 and image2 in the film strip
4: Turn on 'Auto Sync'
5: Brush something new in image1.
What you will see is that image2 will now get both brushes from image1, not only this new one. And the brush you originally applied to image2 is gone.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai beau essayer (macOS et LR Classic 8.1), je n'arrive pas à reproduire votre problème.
Après avoir sélectionné les copies où l'action doit être synchronisée, il faut faire un clic sur le bouton "nouveau" avant d'appliquer la nouvelle épingle pour votre nouvelle correction qui seule, doit être synchronisée, évidemment sans toucher aux corrections précédentes !

I try (macOS and LR Classic 8.1), I can not reproduce your problem.
After having selected the copies where the action must be synchronized, you have to click on the "new" button before applying the new pin for your new correction which alone, must be synchronized, obviously without touching the previous corrections!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked brush strokes and graduated filters on LR5 and LR6 and see the same behaviour that you are describing. Specifically if I add a brush or grad to image 1, then apply a different brush or grad to image 2, then select both with Auto-sync enabled and apply another brush or grad to the most selected image, the result is that both images end up with the same 2 brush or grad filters from the most selected image, but the original brush or grad on the second (least selected) image is deleted. 

That is what you were describing, yes? Obviously I haven't checked every single dot release between LR5 and LRClassic, but those that I have checked (on both Mac and Win10) behave exactly as described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It hasn't been like that since LR5-LR4. It is like that since the new year. The last wedding I edited was 5-8 Jan had no such issue. Today I got back to business and found the bug.
It takes heaps of extra time brushing thousands of wedding dresses without sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as though it's been that way since LR5. And as LR4 doesn't seem to auto-sync ANY local adjustments, is it possible that the current behaviour is "as designed"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not the issue here. The OP is right, this is a bug. If you apply a Graduated filter to Pic1 and a different Graduated filter to Pic2, then select both and apply a new graduated filter to Pic1 with 'Auto Sync' enabled, the result is that both filters of Pic1 are synced to Pic2 and the original filter of Pic2 is deleted.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines