Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Book module many problems

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using LR version 8.0 build 1193777

I have spent hours designing a book in the book module. Now I am finding many bugs in the program. Some examples:

I saved the book, intending to come back to it later for further work. The saved book is essentially not editable.
* Try to change a page layout, such as from two photos to three -- the change at first shows but then does not stick; it reverts to the old version.
* I decided to change the layout from 10x8 to 13x11. This cannot be done. After as dialog warning of possible unexpected changes -- the thumbnails do not change. Go off to another collection and return to the saved book -- all the page settings show the old size, etc.
* After saving the book, there is no longer a "Create Saved Book" button to save changes. I can find no way to get the "save" button back.

Searching online I find many complaints of similar problems. Nothing works to fix the problems. The common recommendation is to revert to version 7.5. This works for some people but not others. That is my next step, but I dread the possibility of introducing further errors and glitches.

Very poorly vetted release of version 8.0, especially with the marketing information about how much the book module had been improved. It's not improved. It's broken.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Greetings

Updates to Lightroom Classic CC (8.2), Lightroom CC for desktop (2.2), Lightroom CC.Mobile (Android and iOS) were released on Monday, February 11, 2019. Please verify that your issue is fixed by the current update.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
29 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Can you try using 7.5 and let us know if you're able to save the edits?

Thanks,
Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks. After searching around this looked like a possible solution. I looked up when the Book Module was updated recently -- it was in 7.5. When I regressed back to 7.5 I was able to make all of the changes listed above and they did "stick".

I also found information in various places about revisions to saved books, such as Lightroom Queen's ebook which I have and like a lot. In a saved book, subsequent changes should be saved. Now with 7.5 this is working correctly. 8.0 did not work. Also, you can make a copy of a book in the collections, so one could act as a snapshot of the current state of a work in progress.

I do look forward to 8.0 being updated so these Book Module glitches are fixed and I can enjoy other features in 8.x.

Thanks --

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Thanks for confirmation.
We're aware of the issue and it should get fixed in the upcoming release.

Thanks,
Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard, 

Can you try using latest LR version 8.1 and let us know if you still face the issue?

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'll update to 8.1 after I finish the current book using 7.5 since it's OK now with that version. I'm hopeful and expecting 8.1 has the fixes.  But just in case -- I don't want to have problems trying 8.1 that would create more rework of the book.

I'll give an update when I get to 8.1.

Thanks,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to the Lightroom CC Ecosystem and Lightroom Classic CC were released earlier today. Please update your software and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks --- as noted above, I'll check this after I finish the book I have underway using LrCC Classic 7.5. I'm close, so it should be quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK -- I finished the book in 7.5 and uploaded to Blurb. Looks good.

I have upgraded to LR CC Classic 8.1 and very briefly tested the book for the issues I had before with LR 8.0. It looks like LR 8.1 has fixed the issues I had noticed.

I was able to change photo layouts and was able to change book size. As expected changing book size takes some checking and minor fixing of layouts and text. 

(And re the third issue I thought I had found -- I have learned how to modify / continue working with saved books... they are basically a collection, so adding photos after saving involves dropping the photo onto the book "collection". This works fine.)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richard for confirming the fix.

-Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

Updates to Lightroom Classic CC (8.2), Lightroom CC for desktop (2.2), Lightroom CC.Mobile (Android and iOS) were released on Monday, February 11, 2019. Please verify that your issue is fixed by the current update.

Thank you for your patience.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am currently using LR Classic v8.2, and have a lot of trouble with the books module.

I have made a video about it here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10965810#10965810

Whatever I do, change the text or add a photo to a page, or whatever, after I quit the book and open it again, all changes I made are lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot save a book blurb format!  LR 8.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to save a book by "Creating a Book" then change the module? Let us know if you are still facing the issue.

Also is the issue reproducible in new catalog?

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

Could you please provide detailed steps to replicate the issue that you are facing?

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By doing that, I noticed that this book is the only book with this problems. All the other books seem to work fine. Any hints on how to save this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's relatively straight forward.  Create new Blurb Photo Book, Hardcover Image Wrap, Premium Lustre.   Then Select a Preset, Edit Auto Layout Preset.  Choose fixed layout at left and right, choose travel at left, 1 photo at right, save current settings as new preset, done.  Does not save - repeatedly, many different avenues to above process.  I've lost patience and gone to an online provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be a catalog specific issue. Could you please share your catalog?

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthew,

I am able to replicate the issue in Auto Layout Preset Editor. The issue is when you select Travel, Creative and Wedding then even before creating preset, the preset dropdown is reset to no. of photos.

Thanks for reporting. I will log a bug for the same.

-Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean my .lrcat file? Should I upload it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.. Can you upload your lrcat file and provide me the link to access it?
You can compress the .lrcat file and then upload the compressed(*.zip) file.

Thanks
Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,
Thanks for sharing the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

We are able to replicate the issue in your catalog. We have logged a bug. 
Thanks for sharing the catalog.

-Mayuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Any idea how I could work with my book? Or should I wait for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add to this mess that in 8.2 the page numbers panel is missing and if I open an older book in 8.2 the page number have been stripped away.

Votes

Translate

Translate