Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Can Select the Wrong Image on Windows

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a post on the LR general forum:

This appears to be a UI bug on Windows that is causing me enormous frustration and errors.

In
any app that allows mouse selection, it is common to mouse click and then move to a button, menu etc.  Or, shift+click and then move to perform an action.  Because of the poor performance of LR, it is quite common to move the mouse before LR gets around to processing the click.

When you click the mouse button to select a image (or shift+click to mark the end of a range of selected images), there is sometimes a ~1 second lag before LR responds to the event.  That in and of itself is not a bug.  However when LR gets around to processing the click event, it appears to read the current mouse coordinates, rather than those packaged with the event.  If you have moved the mouse after clicking, it will select the wrong image.

This has caused me to incorrectly tag images, and sometimes inadvertently delete the wrong image.

The machine is fairly high-end (Core-i7 with 8 physical cores; 32gb RAM; GeForce GTX 1060 video card with 6gb; system, catalog and cache all on SSDs).  I have performed all the performance tricks suggested by Adobe.  My catalogs typically have 5,000-10,000 images.

I am seriously considering looking at alternatives because of the frustration caused by this bug.

Are there any suggestions out there, or is there some way to get Adobe to fix this bug?

Thanks,
Rich

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10770268#10770268

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to create a screencapture (movie)
In the movie, I selected #776, then CTRL clicked #777 and CTRL clicked #778.
But since I moved the cursor away from #778 before the click was registered, #779 was selected. Even though I DID NOT click #779

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't hink a screenshot will help, because it doesn't show what photo is clicked on and what photo is selected.
I don't know how to make a screenmovie, but that might help ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

can you share a screen recording of the issue? It would help us in understanding the exact behavior.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

can you share a screen recording of the issue? It would help us in understanding the exact behavior.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but was thinking it is my (older) computer that is lagging.
So when selecting multiple images I know I have to wait after my second click (any click after that seems fine (most of the time))

Was hoping a newer computer would solve this, but now I am afraid it won't ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

thanks for the video. We will work on fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines