• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crashing after Windows 10 laptop comes out of sleep mode

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seven times now over the last couple of weeks LR has crashed when I have wakened my laptop from sleep mode. I am running 7.2 on an ASUS laptop running Windows 10.

I will process some photos in LR then close the lid and return to it several hours later. When I open the lid I see the crash report option which I have always sent so you will have  - hopefully - all the technical details you need.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018
Thanks. I found your logs in crash reporter and there engineering team is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's your catalog stored? External drive or internal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I found your logs in crash reporter and there engineering team is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both. I have photos stored on my C drive and also on a wireless connected Synology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it only happen in Sleep mode or also Hibernate mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure but so far since updating to the latest version, there have been no further crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am operating Windows 10 on a desktop computer and LR 7.3.1 crashes everytime my computer goes into sleep mode. Catalog is on an internal drive. Images are on external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, LR 7.3.1 (and 7.2 before) crashes or not responsive every time after waking up from hibernate mode. Also, logs out from CC, but that's not new and always was a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have a similar problem, but in my case Lightroom becomes unresponsive (greyed out if I click on it)  after waking from sleep and consumes 10-50% CPU and 2GB RAM until I kill it. It doesn't always happen, maybe 75% of the time I wake from sleep. I try to remember to shut down Lightroom before sleeping but forget now and then. 

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (latest version), my catalog is on an internal drive, and my photos are a mixture of network storage with local Smart Previews and local storage (for recent photos).

I haven't had any library corruption yet, but presume it's just a matter of time.

Please Adobe, fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate