• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Importing Live Photo results in wrong timestamp

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when importing a live photo from an iPhone, the image and the movie get Date Created times that are 1 hour apart. 
Background:
Since Lightroom doesn't fully support Live Photos, it imports them as a still image and a separate movie file. 
I would have expected the file system creation date for both of these files to be exactly the same (ok, maybe the movie can be 1 second earlier than the still image). 
Here is an example:

Live photo was taken at July 21, 2018, 2:33PM.

When I import this into LR, I get a still photo that has this July 21, 2:33PM time stamp for its creation date. I also get a mov file that has a creation date of: July 21, 2018, 3:33PM. 

This is clearly a bug since they were both taken at exactly the same time.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just posting another bug report where importing live photos renames the movie file incorrectly. In explaining that, I pointed out that the date used is UTC in the file name (that's the wrong choice developers) and I realized that the off by 1 hour here is likely due to day light savings time not being handled properly.  That's my guess as to how the bug happens. I would have to wait until november to see if my theory is correct and we exit DST. Although I am really hoping the bug is fixed before then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Please file a bug if not already with the files attached if possible.

Rahul Agrawal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that is what I was doing here. When I searched for bug report and lightroom, the official looking link seemed to take me here. Where do you file bugs for adobe products? I don't know where to file an official bug if it isn't here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

We have logged a bug for this and are looking into this. 

Rahul Agrawal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate