• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens support Nikkor 16mm f2.8D with Nikon Z5 and FTZ

LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from our twitter conversation yesterday, regarding LR v9.4 support for Z5 with FTZ and the Nikkor 16mm f2.8 lens.

Please see the video for the issue.

Regards

Mark

ps I say in the video Z7, which is wrong it's the Z5

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Thank you for providing the sample images.   We have internally confirmed the fix with these images.  The fix will be in our next release (not too long from now).  Thanks for your patience and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020
I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue. A bug has been filed and engineering is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 132 Replies 132
132 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read above in this thread. There is a bug with third party glass on the FTZ adapter. Adobe has identified the problem, fixed it, and will be available in the next release which currently has no date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see that they “believe they fixed it” 11 days ago...   but how do you tell a client “I don’t know when I’ll be able to edit your photos...Could be a week...  could be 3 months...” I just need to know if I should  reshoot what I shot if it’s going to be a looooong time.   An estimation from @Rikk or adobe wouid be really beneficial since I pay a monthly fee for the entire adobe suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@madmanchan

any update from this?  It’s been almost 2 weeks since you have been testing files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read his earlier reply  7 days ago to another poster, it appears further down the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I wouldn't do client work with third party lenses that don't work. You could always import them as TIFFs and edit those as another option. It's not RAW but it's something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@madmanchan

is this fix possibly coming this week. I’m unsure what length of time “not to Long from now” refers to in Adobe time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I didn’t know this was an issue until after I shot the first part of a 2 part shoot...  or else I would have shipped this camera right back.  I feel like adobe was certainly trying to hide it since even last week when I had someone logged into my computer for hours... their response was my files were corrupted 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luminar 4 will open and edit these NEF files until Adobe gets their act together.  The colors are way off in the Luminar Standard profile but fixable if you change to Adobe Standard then adjust from there.  Since Adobe hasn’t us a timeline I’ve had to incorporate this workaround into my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Z5User

thanks for the info!  Unless adobe wants to repay be $67 for this program I really want to keep my workflow the same. Especially when I have my own custom import presets to edit my style consistently.  I appreciate it though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" An estimation from @Rikk or adobe wouid be really beneficial since I pay a monthly fee for the entire adobe suite. "

Interesting logic! Not sure I follow the thought process, that of connection  of a monthly fee and the expectation of revelation of internal corporate business information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DGrainger I think it's pretty simple logic. He is a paying customer and he'd appreciate a timeline. Customer satisfaction seems to be the base of his sentiment. If @Rikk can provide an ETA he will be a happy customer, and if not he may be dissatisfied. He pays monthly for software that will work, and right now it's not working. Long term he may not continue to be a customer if the company he pays a fee to every month doesn't provide excellent customer service. Right now they are not providing excellent customer service, just satisfactory. It's good that they responded to the issue and have a fix, but it would be excellent if they could provide a timeline to help us with our workflow. 

The logic I am having trouble following is why you are defending the act of not providing a timeline and calling it "internal corporate business information" lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@christianbrandt :  Hi, Christian!  On numerous posts Adobe employees have pointed out that it is corporate policy not to provide release dates in advance for Updates nor for products. That is a universal policy with most corporations, which has good business practice logic behind it. There is also the fact that a single software fix is not released alone, but as part of an update release; it would be impractical to make a new update for every fix or feature suggestion. It would be difficult for any business to decide when to bundle all accumulated fixes and changes for a release.Remember the term "RSN" which was bandied about in the early Microsoft days?  It stood for "Real Soon, Now!" which summed up the essence of similar answers to When Are You Going To Fix This type questions... 

I do agree that Adobe has some problems right now with customer service issues. I, myself, have an open Support case dating from September 24th that does not seem to be getting any attention. I did spend some time on the phone with a first-line tech, who concluded that he would need to refer the matter to a Senior, who would call me back in  few days. There have been two calls back which both happened while I was at the cardiologist's office, so no contact made. I have telephoned support myself in response: Support wanted to start a new case from the beginning. It is about the fact that the online help tab in CC and Bridge results in a "not connected to internet" message. 

I guess part of my initial reaction was the dis-proportionality of equating an individual's monthly fee against the corporate budget! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DGrainger I think I understand your point of view better now, thanks!

I personally think that there are things that qualify as something that should be kept internal and things that shouldn't. While I understand there are multiple fixes that go into each update, a rough timeline could go a long way and not affect their business. "1-3 Months" may be their response, which would be fine! We would all just appreciate a little communication.

I hope your other issue is resolved post haste by the way. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DGrainger ref "I, myself, have an open Support case dating from September 24t"

I don't find a post here from you that date. Can you elaborate?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Case number:  ADB-15291770-G7Y9
  • They also gave another case number in email: 

r Adobe Customer Care Case CRM:00436000003737

My initial contact was two days earlier, by telephone, at which time a technician spent almost an hour with remote login and got some system info copied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've asked Support to review the case and get back in contact with you. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open any z5 images shot with the adapter and my sigma glass with photoshop or with lightroom.  The images are in camera, and are imported to Photomechanic but can not go anywhere from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Z5 requires LR Classic 9.4 or Lightroom 3.4 (cloud version) or Camera Raw 12.4. Have you these version(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Nicole Gatto download the latest trial version of Capture One.  You’ll be able to open and edit the Sigma/FTZ files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe related. Along with not being able to open files from my Z5 shot with my Tamron and Sigma lenses, I'm seeing a number that are misidentified by LR Classic. My Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G is being identified as a Nikon "50mm f/1.4G". My Samyang 14mm f/2.8 gets identified as a Nikon "14mm f/2.8-1.4D". Is this the same issue or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure was hoping the fix wouldn't take so long (more than a month now), especially since it's been 'fixed' in house 😞  (half a month since that update with 'coming soon'). It was almost much better knowing that there is no fix rather than knowing there is a fix but it is yet to be released! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Download the Capture NX-D to convert to TIFF in the meantime. It does add several hours to the workflow but the editing capabilities are minimally, if at all, limited. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

У меня та же проблема nikonz 5+ ftz+ sigma 24-105 f4 art LR v9.4  не видит raw 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent a file to a friend who has Capture One and he couldn't open it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate