• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Library zoomed view shows wrong color

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming into an image in library mode, the color changes suddenly and differs from all the consistent colours shown in develop mode or library mode (fit image). I just updated to LR10.1 and appreciated other fixed bugs. I am using an external BenQ display calibrated to AdobeRGB profile using xrite. The images have Adobe profiles (AdobeVivid) applied.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
214 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not happening on my Windows machine. BENQ PD3200Q calibrated with Spyder5Pro. Nvidia Quadro P2200 video card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling GPU (with/without restarting LR) does not change situation. I am wondering why ICC profile should have become corrupted just while updating from 10.0 tu 10.1 version. Anyway, I will try to recalibrate and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to have a screenshot of both states so we could compare them visually. Is that possible? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recalibrated/profiled with PaletteMaster matrix V2 AdobeRGB (and also experimented with different settings), restarted LR10.1 with/without GPU - same issue still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk sur. Here is a comparison if the image in zoomed view and original view - after screen capturing resized to show similar field of views. The right image is the correct one, at least showing exactly same colours in develop mode in different zoom states.

Interesting thing - just before zooming into the image in Lib mode, for a fraction of a second the image changes to wrong color in original size before zooming in and keeping the wrong color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No images. Did you attach them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ups - where have they gone? Another try:

comparison-75767699-3892-494d-9bb2-44bbe1627a5d-420854660.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you rebuilt the preview for this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need anything else - let me know. The image has the "Adobe Vivid" Profile applied. I also just tried to rebuild the previews - no change. The color switch appears when the image zoom factor is of that size such that the image does not fit anymore completely into the view. The color is correct for any zoom factor which shows the complete image in the view, even if zoomed out a lot.

Tried the same on the MBP internal display with different color profiles - the same behaviour, it does not depend on the display nor the color profile chosen in the MacOsX Display settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been reported elsewhere and also occurs when using "Zoom to Fill" in the Print Module. I noticed it when using LR 10 on Catalina and it is also present with LR 10.1 on Big Sur. I am using an iMac Pro (5K monitor). I have tried turning off/on the GPU and have created a new monitor profile.

LoupeView-5ca9c7de-f1b0-4109-88c0-a7ff6b6181d1-610041593.PNG
Zoomed-6ec45ee4-7895-40e1-a6a2-4cadf69f6ad1-1847089645.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Print Module using a differing preview and so, this isn't that unexpected. I see the same too, the two are slightly different in terms of color saturation on a wide gamut display. 

The only location to really see the actual color of an image is in Develop at 1:1 or greater. 

Now what I do see also, and this appears to be a bug: Image selected in Filmstrip doesn't show up in Print. I even have a quick collection with ONE image, I select it in Library and move to Print, a different image appears. If anyone sees that, I'd like to know because that doesn't make any sense to me. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two screen shots that I posted above were from the Library module and clearly show the difference in colour saturation between Loupe view - Fit and Zoomed.

Are you saying that is expected behaviour for the Library module on an iMac/iMac Pro 5K display? While I can't be absolutely certain I don't think this was happening prior to LR 10.

I am unable to reproduce the problem you describe when moving from Library to Print. The image selected in the Library Filmstrip reliably appears in the currently selected print template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All modules other than Develop should match at the same zoom ratio at 1:1 or more. Print doesn't as I wrote and it should be fixed but if you care for an accurate preview of the data, that's Develop module only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly they should match but at the moment, for me at least, they don't.

Library module - Loupe View - 100%

Develop module - 100%

Toggle from Library to Develop and back and I see the same disconcerting difference that is illustrated in my screen shots above.

So, is this way it is - get used to it?

Or is this a bug in Lightroom that we can reasonably expect to be fixed?

Or is this the result of some issue unique to my setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug, I have reported it. It's a bug that should be fixed but has virtually no/zero implications. Try soft proofing in Develop and then go to Print; it will never match nor designed to match. Consider Print previews as FPO only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew. Hopefully there will be a fixes for the visible difference between Develop to Library when zoomed in and the visible difference between Library Loupe View - Fit and Library Loupe View - zoomed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tomioka42. Can you provide me with the file used in your screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure - how can I upload a larger image? Can I email it to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not a private image, you can share on Dropbox or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. 

I am not seeing a color shift in Library Loupe View from Fit to 100/200/400% 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing, I am uploading a video showcasing the dynamic behaviour of the color switch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5i0ryxm3fki1f6/LibZoomColorBug.mov?dl=0

this is on the laptop directly, not on external display. As said, it happens to all display profiles and with all treatment profiles, with/wo GPU support. So maybe dependent on graphics adapter / operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded your image and have to say, on this end, I don't see anything odd about the color when zooming. 

I do see a slight increase in apparent and visual saturation on the tree when zooming OUT (image gets smaller), and this is to be somewhat expected when subsampling pixels this way. 

At 100%, I do see a bigger difference between Library and Develop modules but again, due to the differences in the previews in both locations, not that unexpected. 

I wonder if there's an issue with that BenQ (their calibration software is kind of buggy). If you pick a 'canned' profile for the display, say even sRGB or Adobe RGB (1998) temporarily, do you see the same issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned before, it seems to be the same bug as described here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-100-using-the-zoom-...

I can confirm that this bug was not showing up in V10.0. I was trying to check another issue (https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-images-not-sharp-un...) which btw. has been fixed with V10.1 for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate