• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Luminance range masks do not work for grayscale images

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Trying to restrict the effect of a gradient in a grayscal image with a luminance mask there is no visible difference in effected areasRackMultipart2018050933376136w-2a69296b-f21c-4a4d-a432-e7c6501ce895-1867075096.jpgRackMultipart2018050933376136w-2a69296b-f21c-4a4d-a432-e7c6501ce895-1867075096.jpg.

Running Mac Os X 10.13.4 on a 2014 Macbook Pro 15"

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has been reported before and is being looked at.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick reply. I didn't find any mention of it with a quick search. I am sorry if I am being redundant about this. I can btw add to the issue, that it is not related to the file mode. Both RGB 16 bit tiffs containing only grayscale information as well as proper 16 bit grayscale tiffs show this behaviour. Cheers,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to get the Lightroom  luminosity range mask to refine a selection working with Leica Monochrom DNG files.  The Select —> Color Range works in Photoshop.   I can make a selection in Lightroom using the brush/gradient tools but I cannot refine them with the Luminosity Sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've noticed this issue with LR Classic 8.1 and Win 10 (1803). I had experienced this problem on a few occasions, but couldn't notice a pattern until now: it only happens with desaturated tiff images (maybe with psd's too). Then I found this report, but I see that, in theory, it was fixed with v7.5.

Anyway, I've captured this small video to show the issue, so that others can check too:

https://youtu.be/AmBHYC90Mcs

Is it me or is this same problem back? I've also tried disabling GPU, it didn't seem to make a difference.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm what you're seeing with LR Classic 8.1 on my Windows 10 1803 system when using RGB TIFF, PSD, or JPEG files that have been completely desaturated (i.e all pixels R=G=B) in PS.

Actual grayscale TIFFs, RGB TIFFs with only some desaturation, and Leica Monochrome B&W DNGs work correctly with the Luminance Range Mask controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different than original reported issue.

Please reference the new conversation here: Lightroom Classic CC: Luminance Range Masking fails on PS Images where Desaturate...
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I also have this issue. I'm running lightroom classic cc v8.2.1 on Windows 10. Luminance masks do not work with gray scale images (.tif format). Pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate