Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Classic: Metadata changes in the IPTC extension data field do not take

8 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata changes in the IPTC extension data field do not take. For example, I change "Location created-City" from "New York--Brooklyn" to "New York-Brooklyn", but once I click off the picture, onto another, and go back to the picture that I attempted to make changes to, the "Location created-City"filed has reverted back to ""New York--Brooklyn". These extension fields are very important to me and it's frustrating that they don't work properly
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't appear to be working right. All of the collapsible Metadata fields in IPTC Extension appear to be not-function on my end.  (Location Shown, Location Created) Fields outside of the Collapsible fields are working.  I will log a bug for it. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months later and the problem still exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 9.0 and STILL the problem exists. Cannot enter any metadata into the IPTC extension fields. CANNOT enter location created, locations shown, city created, city shown, etc. VERY FRUSTRATING. I'm really starting to lose faith in Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 9.1 classic and just was struggling to get existing metadata changed (image creator etc). Found this bug report.

Can you please fix this bug on short term. Although not many people have posted a reaction here, it is evident that this broken existing functionality needs a bug fix on short term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw, and the Lightroom Ecosystem were released yesterday and contain a fix for this issue.  Please install the appropriate update and see if it solves this problem. You can read more about the updates here.

Thank you for your patience. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I tested all the IPTC Extension fields in LR 9.2 and changes get properly saved. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines