• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Metadata panel contents do not update after synchronizing metadata

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If two selected photos have different entries in a particular field, LrC displays <mixed> in that field. In version 9.4 (and earlier), after synchronizing metadata, LrC would update the display of the field with previously different data and display the field showing the now identical data. In LrC 10.0.0, the field is not updated to display the data. It still shows <mixed>. After deselecting the selected images and then reselecting the images, the field correctly displays the updated (identical) contents.

Steps to reproduce problem:

1. In the Library, select two images for which a given metadata field (e.g., Title) are DIFFERENT. In the Metadata panel, the field will display <mixed>
  2. Click the Sync Metadata button at the bottom of the right side panel.  Be sure that the field in question (e.g., Title) has its checkbox checked in the Synchronize Metadata dialog box that appears.
  3. After clicking the Synchronize button, the field (e.g., Title) will still show <mixed>, rather that update itself to the (now identical) contents of the field.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also occurs in my LR 10.0 / Mac OS 10.15.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be loads of complaints on LRC ver.10 but I don't see any response from the company. Am I missing something here or is this the way things works here? Very discouraging and depressing reading all these problems. I'll be better off leaving the group here. Thanks for the sharing and hope your issues will be resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the bugs reported for LR 10 have been examined by Adobe employees and marked as "Acknowledged", which means there is an internal bug report filed linked to the post here. For example:

Lightroom Classic: Pasting white balance preset no longer works after recent Lightroom update

Lightroom Classic: When trying to add files to Collections I get this error: ?:0: attempt to compare...

Lightroom Classic: Spot removal removing brush stroke

Lightroom Classic: Watermark: Italic & Bold Transposed

Lightroom: Saving metadata not updating status; reading metadata doesn't always work

Lightroom Classic: After the new version "update” today — “Unexpected error opening catalog.”

Adobe employees often engage here if they need more information or are unable to reproduce a bug.

Adobe releases a new version of LR every two months, and we can expect that the most serious of these bugs will get fixed in that release, and others will get fixed in subsequent releases. Unfortunately, many of the less serious bugs never get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reports. We've logged a bug for this.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate