• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic: Moving Images on Disk no longer works properly

LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I process my photos in Lightroom Classic CC on my Macbook Pro (running 10.13.6), then move the folders of raw files to my external RAID array *from within Lightroom* to maintain the links so LR knows where everything is. This used to work perfectly: LR would create a folder of the same name on the external drive, copy all the raw files to it (while deleting them from the laptop), then delete the folder from my laptop. 

Now this process breaks down after the files are moved. The empty folder remains on my laptop, the process "Moving Folder" remains in progress, and the empty folder still shows on my laptop hard drive with a question mark over it. Everything else worked - the files are on the external drive in the proper folder and linked to LR - but it doesn't finish cleaning up. Any ideas?

RackMultipart201808285661814t9-be26a3df-f970-4ba4-ab0c-4dbb926e9b7c-1223273005.pngRackMultipart201808285661814t9-be26a3df-f970-4ba4-ab0c-4dbb926e9b7c-1223273005.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom Classic 8.3 was released today and contained a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting.
We are looking into it.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, moving files is much more slower since the latest update. sometimes moving files frozen lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you moved more files than usually? I had the same/similar problems under Windows, but only if I tried to move a huge amount of files. Moving a folder with only 100 pics were no problems.

My solution was to move the files via Explorer outside LR and then "relocate" the folder from within LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. One more thing to clarify: I checked and the empty folder is *not* on my laptop. So the Move process works as far as the Finder is concerned. Where it doesn't work is entirely within Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines