Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Moving pages in Book module

Explorer ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR Classic 8.3 on Win10.  I know how to move a page while in
the Multi-page view as long as I am moving it to a location that is in the current 8-page view, but I am having problems moving it further up (or down) in the book to an area that is not in the current 8-page view.  When I click and hold on the yellow tab at the bottom of the page and try to move/drag the page up (or down) LR will not scroll to the upper (or lower) location that is not in the current 8-page view.  Of course, I know that this must be possible, but I cannot figure out how to do it since it is not behaving like any other program I have used.  I watched a Julieanne Kost video and also a Laura Shoe video where they show moving a page, but in both cases they moved the page within the current 8-page view so I still do not know how to move it further away in the book.  I hope someone can help.  Thank you!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you not do it in steps? Move it to the top of the current 8 page view, then scroll that view, and move it up again?
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, after I posted I thought of that.  Tedious, but it works.  I reduced the size of the thumbnails to the smallest and that also makes it easier since it requires fewer steps.

Then I reset the preferences and now it sort of scrolls when I drag.  I say sort of because it still sometimes refuses to scroll and at other times it is very finicky and takes 5 or 6 attempts to get it to scroll.  The scrolling is very slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my video didn't show moving the page up or down further! For me scrolling works well if I my cursor is about 1/5" from the top or bottom edge of the grid. If the cursor goes outside of the grid at all, scrolling stops, and if it gets just a bit too far from the the edge it stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problemo. 🙂  Yesterday after spending an hour searching, reading, watching videos, etc. I never saw a single one that showed or addressed moving a page outside of the current view.

I think Adobe needs to do some work on this to make it work better.  At least for me, even after resetting the preferences it only works sometimes and even then it is sometimes hard to get it to start scrolling and it is very slow.  Not sure why other programs don't have this type of problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom Classic 8.4 was released today and contained a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.4 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate