• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Questionable usefulness of the new "Has Edits" filter

Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to see the addition of the 'Has Edits' filter to the library of Lr 7.2 Classic. However, I was disappointed when I tried it on my library.

During the catalogue upgrade from Lr 6 to Lr 7, I updated the Process Version on all images to the current Version 4. When the 'Has Edits' filter is applied, images that have had their process version updated are selected. Since this selects ALL my images since the upgrade to Lr 7, and only those images with actual develop settings that have been imported since the upgrade to Lr 7, the new 'Has Edits' filter is pretty well useless.

In Collections, a Smart Collection can be created with Develop->Has Adjustments, which only includes images with develop adjustments, as expected. Using the new Develop->Has Edits in a Smart Collection includes images with develop adjustments and with the updated process version.

The criteria for the Has Edits filter shouldn't include the images with an updated process version because over time, this will include more and more images as the process version is updated in the future.

I would like to know what the difference is between the Has Adjustments and Has Edits?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. One edit is enough to make an image "edited" - oh yeah? Hopefully this will change, quickly, and a potentially-useful feature will emerge.

Has Adjustments excludes crop, Has Edits doesn't.  Yes, "go figure".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two months have now gone by and we've had Version 7.3 and now 7.3.1 released with no action on this issue whatsoever! Not even an acknowledgement that it is a problem.

Should be fixed by now so that the 'Has Edits' filter can be useful.

If I come across as frustrated and annoyed, that's because I am!

Adobe's latest apology is about as hollow as Facebook's apology for its breach of trust. There seems to be a culture at the big end of town that these companies can just do as they please without any regard for their customers - take notice - no customers, no business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that everybody thinks that HIS little problem should get the highest priority, but that is not realistic. OK, so you don't like the new ‘has edits’ filter. I don’t think it's useful either. So don’t use it. Big deal. Don’t expect the whole team to drop what they are doing just to rewrite this feature because YOU don’t like it. Maybe they will change it some day, maybe they won't. Let’s hope they will. In the meantime stop whining. For almost every feature in Lightroom there will be some people who say it should have been done differently.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Has Edits' shouldn't be selecting photos that don't have edits. Pretty simple I would think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to this issue, hitting the "v" key to see the image in black & white, then hitting it again to get it back in color, sets the image to the "Has Edits" state. The workaround is to use Command Z if one chooses not to remain in the black & white mode, and show that it has not been edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed, hitting the "v" key isn't just a black & white preview, it is an edit, as indicated by the adjustments icon shown in the thumbnail. Using undo is the only way to avoid this to see what it looks like as B&W. Alternatively, use the new preset preview feature to see what a B&W preset looks like without changing anything.

My issue is with the "update process version" which is not an adjustment (no adjustment icon is displayed) and therefore, images that have been updated to the new process version with no other adjustments should not be selected by the "Has Edit" filter. The only images that should be selected by this new filter are those displaying the adjustment icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anthony, maybe it was just wishful thinking that I could hit the "v" key to do a quick b&w look, and hit it again if I didn't like it... all without changing the editing state. I now do an undo, or look at the new preset preview feature. Yep, Adobe has forced me to change my ways. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anthony & Ed Wolpov for reporting your concerns. 

We will discuss your feedback and contact if we seek more information.

Regards,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something wrong in your champion life making you so aggressive ? People posting here do have legitimate problems and/or questions because they are customers. They need answers, not someone explaining them that they are the problem. And Adobe certainly don't need yet another evangelist. Please stop your permanent complaints about unsatisfied users. Your useless and insulting gossiping will not make them disappear and will never solve any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Process Version is changed, the image is considered having edits. This behaviour is consistent with the Adjustments Badge on images after PV change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is still a problem with this as pointed out earlier by Anthony:

If you manually select a process version from the Calibration panel then the history step shows as "Process" (with version off to the right) and the Adjustments badge shows up showing a change.

However, if you click on the lightning bolt icon under the histogram to 'Update to current process version' then the history step shows as "Update to Current Process" and the Adjustments badge does NOT appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate