• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ratings buttons invisible in Survey mode

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might be a software issue (a bug) but if it isn't can someone help me how to fix it? When I pick X number of images to be viewed in Survey mode (N), those thumbnails have always shown under the image a star rating (or 5 dots if not rated). This has been a very easy and quick way to review images and quickly rate favourites with a cursor.

Recently I noticed that now those dots or ratings do no longer show up under the image. But the weird thing is that the rating buttons still are there even though they aren't visible. If I bring a cursor where they used to be, I can still rate images by clicking with a mouse "blinded" even though I don't see those dots/stars. I know this because on the bottom bar I can see star ratings change for that particular image if I do so. So why is the rating bit no longer appear there?

Is this a bug or some view setting issue? I have tried everything but I can't fix this. This issue is happening on iMac 5K with the latest version of Mojave. And obviously I'm running the latest version of LR Classic too. Anyone?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps changing background color ? Stars must be grey like your background color...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it, thank you Olivier! I was using "Dark Grey" background colour which indeed seems to hide all ratings in Survey mode. Switching to any other colour made ratings appear again. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be considered a bug or at least a very poor design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been able to reproduce this issue and logged a bug for the same.

Thanks,
Smit
Lightroom Classic Team
Adobe

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bug that's been around in since 2 years. Can be longer but didn't notice it until I purchased a iMac with 5K screen.

When having a (manual) selection of pictures in Survey view then the star rating is not visible on my iMac.

When making a selection on the MacBook Pro (2019 version) the Star rating is correctly displayed.

Karel.

iMac:

MacBook Pro:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stars disappear when the background color is Dark Gray.  The pick flag disappears when the background color is White.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert, thanks for bringing up the Pick-Flag issue. We will look into this.

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smit

To be fair the Pick flag doesn't completely disappear if the background is white as the little flag pole faintly shows.
Also, if the background is black the Reject flag only shows the white X
And of course the Stars disappear with a dark gray background.

It makes for limited choices : )

If there was a narrow Medium Gray strip at the bottom of each photo that contains the flags, stars etc like in Compare mode (but only thinner) it would solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 9.3, an update to Lightroom Classic, went live on June 15, 2020 and contains a fix for this issue. Please install the update and respond back if it does not cure the issue for you. Thank you for your patience!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the new Border/Outline around the selected image in Survey View be turned off? It's thick and distracting, especially on white background. The old way was much better. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The border does not have any user-facing options to adjust.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 9.4 on a 2020 iMac 5K. I don't see any ratings in Survey view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screenshot of what you do see?

Note that if the photos displayed in Survey view don't currently have a star rating, nothing will appear under the photo until you hover the mouse over the photo or the tiny strip just under the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate