• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: still not exporting to Apple Mail

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw in the recent updates that this was fixed, but it isn't for me. I go to "Email photo," the "Apple Mail 1Photo" dialog opens. I used to be able to just click SEND and it would create an e-mail in Apple Mail. Now the "Preparing file for E-mail" counter counts down, but nothing makes it to e-mail. With or without an e-mail address filled in.

Any ideas?

Mac 10.15.7 Email 13.4.

Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@robert_somrak Yeah, I don't ever recall being prompted about allowing that, and I would have accepted it if I had been. 

I have a suitable workaround, and to be honest, I don't use that feature much (plus I can get it to work when I choose Gmail instead of Apple Mail). So, I just wanted to offer my experience for the engineers and support folks. Thank you for your insight and assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rob_sylvan 

I would be nice if one of the Adobe Engineers would provide some insight on how this is supposed to work and why some people are never asked the Automation question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, this might be an Apple issue where one of the macOS updates didn't work correctly and the question wasn't asked but a Reset like @stanley_rowin did should of fixed that unless the issue is still in macOS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are waiting for engineering to respond. I do have a personal machine that is failing also. Please stand by. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Thanks for the update.  Luckily my Apple Mail is working but the engineer in me would like to know what is happening😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another clue for anyone who's still listening. I logged out and logged into my computer as a new user. I then opened LR and had to log into LR as a new user and watched the new features stuff. But nothing asked for permissions to get into the Automation pref pane. And the Automation pref pane was empty. But Adobe products did populate the "Full Disk Access" permissions area.

Meanwhile I still can't e-mail from Lightroom Classic, but I can from Photoshop 2021 . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any progress with this? Im am still unable to send pictures via AppleMail. The automation option appears to be missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

Any info from the Engineers?  A friend of mine is having this issue on his Mac using Apple Mail app with the missing Automation entry.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.  It started when I upgraded from Mac OS High Sierra to Catalina (and some upgrades to LR Classic occurred right after that).  I have only Aperture in the Automation section of Privacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think this issue with MAIL.APP missing from Automation has been fixed. Maybe @Rikk  will provide an update as he also had the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piling on this thread, having the same issue.  Running Big Sur 11.2.3 and LrC 10.2.  "Email Photos..." brings up the Apple Mail address window with my selected photos loaded, clicking "Send" starts the "Preparing files for Email" progress bar in the upper-left corner, but when the bar reaches 100% it disappears and nothing happens...

Have tried most of the above recommended solutions without success.  Agree with previous recommendations for an Adobe engineer to weigh in and help solve.  

Thanks so much in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stanley_rowin  started the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, That's me. Still waiting for someone to fix this!

It's interesting that neither Photoshop or Lightroom are listed in my Automation Pref Panel in OS 10.15.7, yet Photoshop 22.3.x will export to Apple Mail and Lightroom Classic 10.2 won't. Too bad those engineers don't talk to each other . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stanley_rowin 

Hi Stanley.  Not sure what is happening but I replied  to another comment by @JTfrustrated and the last reply ended up here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same problem here. New Mac w/Big Sur. New install of LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Classic team is looking for a customer or two to bring into Prerelease to test a fix for this issue. If you are willing to test the fix, respond here please. You will be contacted by email if needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm available to test this. 

Stan Rowin

(former beta tester going back to Lightroom pre-release and Photoshop 3.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Hello there, I would be willing to to test the fix.  Francis Barnett

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 

I have this problem and have been referred by Adobe Tech Support.

David Arkin

(email removed for security)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, are you up to date on Lightroom?  10.3 solved this problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also now happening on Catalina with LRC 10.4. This is new behaviour (August). I was pushing out photos via email several weeks ago.

Based on Finder, it looks like there was an update August 17.

Automation for LRC with Mail in Privacy is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert for your answer. Right-clicking on a drawing in CAD won't help, as will sending an email. I've reached a point where it clearly creates a file and can't be rendered to the Mac email client.

It's like looking for an old email version, and it's not found, so it's turned off. I can't find a way to tell LR to look for an email client.

Adobe is the best solution for identifying and fixing problems.

But thank you!

[links removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same issue with my adobe I want to send this site [link removed by moderator] images but error.

Votes

Translate

Translate