• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Corrupt Images from LR CC to LR Classic CC

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload images to Adobe Cloud via LR CC (on Desktop and my iPad), when I try to sync those images back to LR Classic CC, occasionally I will get corrupt images. Basically, it's not the entire file I uploaded. Everything looks OK in LR Classic CC until I try to export the corrupt image.

To be clear, it's not every image. Maybe about 1-4% depending on the situation. Also, I've seen this happen on the Desktop app AND the mobile app for iOS on my iPad.

What does Adobe do to protect the integrity of my uploads? Do you keep checksums of the file before upload to ensure it's the same one I download later? This is a real dealbreaker for the 1TB storage if I cannot trust the process!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018
Hi all,

This issue should be fixed in today's Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 version. Please update your application and let us know if you still see this issue!

Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 is now available!

Thanks,
Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
27 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it export correctly from LRCC on desktop? And from the web interface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not check from LR CC, just Classic CC. The next time I see this I will check. I've since replaced the corrupted ones with the images I still had on my SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update - in one example that I found, the image was just corrupted in LL Classic CC. If I "Save to..." from LR CC, then that RAW file is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an update - in one example that I found, the image was just corrupted in LL Classic CC. If I "Save to..." from LR CC, then that RAW file is OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for testing that Adam. One more thing to check - go to https://lightroom.adobe.com, log in, find the same photo, open the Info panel and try to download the original. That'll help to confirm whether it was getting corrupted on the way up to the cloud (very unlikely, as it checks file hashes), or on the way down/on the hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and should also just ask, what's making you think it's corrupted? For example, does it show corrupted in the Library or Develop module? Or does it tell you it's corrupted when you try to export it? Just we should check whether it's definitely the file itself, rather than some kind of cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the image downloads from the web fine. So it appears to be a problem with the image being synced to LR Classic CC.

So I've seen the Library show me it's corrupted. I've also been informed that the files is corrupted when I try to make a 1:1 preview. I've also experienced this when I try to export the RAW file to JPEG. And finally, there have been a couple of JPEGS that just render completely wrong that I can visually see the flaws - like some sort of screen tearing that I can view outside of LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great bit of detective work, thank you Adam. I'll see what I can find out. It does seem odd that we haven't had any other reports though, so I'd wonder about the integrity of the drive they're downloading to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With respect to the drive, it's the same one I import photos to with LR Classic CC and I've not had any issues with the integrity. I just use a different directory on the drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So another follow-up with respect to a bad drive - I was able to reproduce on a different machine. Given enough sample images, I can get it to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to flag this up for engineers. One extra bit information that may be key to tracking this down, if you're up to a little more investigation, is the diagnostic log. In Preferences > Lightroom Sync section, if you hold down the Alt/Opt key, there's a button to create a diagnostic log. If you're able to reproduce this on demand, capturing a diagnostic log in the session that seems to be downloading the corrupted file could offers some extra clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We believe this should be fixed in the next release of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This issue should be fixed in today's Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 version. Please update your application and let us know if you still see this issue!

Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 is now available!

Thanks,
Melissa
Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sadly I just saw a corrupt image in LR Classic CC, but there is a difference.

Now instead of getting an icon saying that the image is corrupt, I get a rainbow-like effect over the RAW file in the preview and export.

If I look at what's in LR CC, the RAW file is fine. This is easily verifiable by observing the difference in the SHA1 filehashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now gotten the ! icon letting me know the image was corrupt. I also just checked my LR Classic CC version - it's 7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update has not fixed the issue for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update or confirmation that this is happening for others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens for me in LR Classis CC, 7.2 (mac version).
I used the catalog for years, without problem.
I switched from Canon to Fuji in January, and it started happening. Maybe this is a coincidence.
I get the rainbow effect on random images, in the grid and the develop module.
When I export the image, it is corrupted.
When I preview that raw file in explorer, it is also corrupted.
However when I simply copy that raw file, it is fine! When I import the copy, it is also fine.
I don't understand, because normally Lightroom is not changing the originals...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar issues with video files.I resolved the issue by reimporting the corrupt files, but if this issue is nit resolved readily, I will quit Lightroom as a DAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my system. Just upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC 7.4, and I'm running it on Windows 10, patched with all available patches.

I have a stable 100Mbps fiber connection, and Windows reports no errors in my disk.

Eagerly awaiting a fix for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RackMultipart2018070679848xcsj-39f50ee4-61d2-46b6-bb4d-f16828b1c457-1486952485.jpg
I synced photos from Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic CC and it also made half of my image purple and distorted. Why is it doing this???? Very frustrated !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the raw data is missing.   When it was happening 6 months ago, it appears to be a problem getting data from the cloud down to LR Classic CC, which was supposedly fixed, but the new problem is more like you describe, which I think means that more of the data is making it down from the cloud, and enough that LR can render something, but the colors mean that part of the image is not all there.  You could try rendering 1:1 previews to make sure it's not just the preview that's corrupted, and if it isn't then I'd say try what the person said near the top: 

I think they mean from LR CC on the same computer as LR Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I have the newest Lightroom Classic V 7.5 and I do experience frequent sync errors. When I import and work in Classic the images are perfectly synced with Lightroom CC Web and Mobile. But when I try to import or develop images in Lightroom CC Mobile they are synced in Lightroom Classic. The only "work around" I found is to delete the complete Cache of Lightroom Classic on my Mac. Then all images will be synced correctly. Until the next changes in Lightroom Mobile.

Image is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate