• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Double arrow cursor over panels

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move the cursor from the Library grid view to the Keyword List in the right hand panel the cursor picks up and locks on to the horizontal double headed arrow used to change panel width. It doesn't change to the normal cursor as it should.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When moving the mouse cursor swiftly from the image view over to the folders panel in the library module, the mouse cursor will almost always have the shape of a horizontal resize arrow pointing left and right. It will remain like this as long as the cursor does not leave the folders panel. It may only change again when the cursor leaves that panel and you try again. Sometimes it takes multiple tries to get a mouse cursor of the default pointer shape that you can actually work with. It's hard to point the resize cursor on a specific item and not miss it.

This issue has been there for a long time. Not sure whether it's already been in version 4, but it definitely is in any of the 6.x until today. I've seen other reports of this bug closed as fixed here, so I just try again, with a suggested solution.

As I guess the Adobe developers are not in control over their development tools, may I suggest handling the MouseEnter as well as the MouseMove events on that list control to update the cursor to a default pointer. It seems the cursor (which probably comes from the panel resizer at the right edge of that panel) is only changed back to default in a very tiny area between the resizer and the folders list, but not on the folders list control itself. You may not have noticed yet, but when moving the mouse from one point to another with sufficient speed, it will not be placed in every single pixel along that line, but it will skip pixels. If it skips the area that could properly update the cursor, then the cursor is not updated. When moving the cursoer very slowly, the issue does not occur. This is a fairly basic mistake that any trainee could make, but not very often. From my experience, I'm not expecting any greater level of experience from you, dear Adobe developers, so please use my explanation to fix that nasty bug, finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have said this bug has been around for years and years! Sorry, Simon, but it still occurs in CC 2015.9 on my Win10 machine. Perhaps not as frequently as in the past, but I can still get it to occur if I make enough moves onto the  side panel.

Bob frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> It seems the cursor (which probably comes from the panel resizer at the right
> edge of that panel) is only changed back to default in a very tiny area between
> the resizer and the folders list, but not on the folders list control itself.

Which certainly means that the mouse events don't propagate to the child windows of the main panel window. Probably a window style not correctly set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK. It seems that the good ol' Adobe rule also applies for this issue : once a bug survived one or two years, it becomes a feature. This will be never fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate