• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: Enhance Details issue with local corrections applied

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will admit that my computer is behind the times. An old HP Pavilion, 8 GB RAM, no separate graphics card, grossly underpowered by today's standard. When the enhance details feature was introduced my computer handled it without a problem. However, after the 8.21 update, the dialog box displays but there's just a spinning whatever that keeps on spinning. I know, I need to upgrade my computer, but this was a noticeable change after this last update. I'm using Windows 10, incidentally.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom Classic 8.3 was released today and contained a fix for this issue. Please update to 8.3 and verify that you are no longer seeing the issue. Thank you!
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Just to clarify, the issue will only happen when some specific Local Corrections are applied on some part of the image and the Enhanced preview is request for those regions. And as I mentioned earlier, we are working on the fix.

Thanks,
Chinoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought about that. I had restarted Lightroom, shut down the computer and restarted it, and done everything that I could think of, and I "thought" I had covered all the bases. Apparently I hadn't. Wish I could simply add more RAM, but that's all the motherboard will accommodate. Maybe an upgrade for the computer later this year. We'll have to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps restarting LR or your system freed up some memory? I've noticed strange behavior sometimes in LR and simply closing and reopening it returns things back to normal. I Have 32 GB of memory so not likely that was the cause for me or perhaps you as well with only 8 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow-up. Same version of Lightroom, same computer, no updates. But NOW enhance details Is working as it did before, even on edited images. It displays the preview as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking it's my old HP Pavilion that's possibly slowing me down and causing problems, but I can't confirm that. It's time for a new computer but there are too many other priorities to deal with in our house right now. But thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues using previously edited raw files with Enhanced Details (CTRL + ALT + I) on my Windows 10 ver 10.0.17763 system with LR 8.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification on proper usage of this feature. Perhaps I would be better off if I would devote more time to reading documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks James. Good to know it is working for you now. Although ideally it is a good idea to run EnhanceDetails on an unedited raw file as that will give you a better idea of whether it makes a difference on that image or not, it should still work on edited images. So we will work on fixing this issue.

Thanks,
Chinoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. The feature performed as expected under those circumstances. The preview displayed as expected. I hadn't considered that previously. Thank you for the correction in my procedure. I will have to rethink my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Did your image have any Edits? Can you try again after reseting all the Develop Settings.

Thanks,
Chinoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further investigation, I find If I click on the enhance button even though the preview never displays, the enhanced DNG is created as before. Not a big issue I suppose because the display really didn't show anything of significance. But I believe the file has some benefit when preparing for printing. At least that is where I have seemed to find benefit with the enhanced DNG file so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chinoy, thank you for the clarification and addressing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines