Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export to flickr doesn't work in LR 4.1

May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded from Lightroom 4.0 to 4.1 the flickr export plugin doesn't work any more. The same flickr set could be published with LR 4.0

The error message is: the flickr webservice could not be reached. check your internet connection.

I can authenticate my flickr account via Lightroom 4.1 and I can view the contents of my flickr account.

My system is Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) SP1.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012
The original issue described in this thread has been fixed. This looks like a new issue, so I am splitting it off into its own thread. Please reference the new topic here: Problem with Publish to Flickr in Lightroom 4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a few things and it looks as if I can only publish new photos, that means photos which have never been published before. Photos that are already published in flickr cannot be republished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm whether this is a free or pro Flickr account please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a flickr pro account.

I did some testing again and I am sure now that it is a serious bug.

When you have carriage returns in the caption field, Lightroom 4.1 fails to publish to flickr. In several forums I read that this bug existed in the beta and RC versions of LR 4.1 and everybody said that this should be resolved in the final version of LR 4.1, but it wasn't.

I have used LR 4.0 to publish several hundred photos to flickr and most of them have CRs in their captions. I am not sure what to do now. Should I eliminate all CRs from my captions? This means a lot of work, but I could do that. But that means that the caption field loses its importance. Or should I wait until this bug is eliminated? That could take some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me with my Flickr Pro account, both with publishing new photos and republishing existing photos, if they have newlines in the caption field (LR 4.1, Windows 7 64-bit). It seems that LR just can't get caption fields with newlines right -- in LR 3, Save To Metadata didn't work properly and they didn't display properly in the Metadata pane on Windows, but LR 4 fixed that. Now Flickr publishing doesn't work.

Two possible workarounds:

- Export to a folder, then use one of the Flickr uploader tools.

- Use this plugin: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-good...

Here are the other threads about this problem in LR 4.1 RC1 and RC2:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh... (last post in thread)

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/43844...

Screenshot:

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise, I have experienced the same problem on upgrading to LR4.1 from LR4. I also have a Flickr Pro account and have spent several hours trying to get my pictures to post after upgrading, but to no avail.

I hadn't used the beta and RC versions of 4.1 so wasn't aware of the Flickr problem mentioned above and found these forum comments when searching to see if others have come across the same problem and hopefully a solution.

Removing the Caption text allows the pictures to be posted. A rather poor work around unfortunately.

I ony hope we don't have to wait long for a fix. An unfortunate oversight from normally diligent LR team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for brining this issue to our attention, we'll work on getting this fixed.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A carrage return or line feed in the middle of a photo caption causes Lightroom to erronously report that it cannot connect to Flickr - this is incorrect and telling the user to check their internet connection is seriously wrong.

Using the Large Caption entry panel...

If my caption is "Test Test" - all is fine

If my caption is

"Test
Test"

- then LR fails to connect to the Flickr service.

If I put it back to "Test Test" on one line again, all is fine.

This has also been discussed in passing here where two other users have seen this bug ....

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999503...

PS - I'm using WIndows 7 64bit.
PPS - I Suspect this is an XML encoding issue of some kind - has it changed since 4.1RC1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe says that LR 4.2 fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried with LR 4.2 on Mac, it does NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 Premium, LR 4.2 64 bit : Upon update to LR v4.2 (from LR v4.1) I can not publish to flickr via the included plugin or 3rd party (jf Flickr) plugins. This 'feature' worked fine in all previous versions, but is now broken for me in LR v4.2. I have a pro flickr account and am able to upload to flickr via their web interface or other 3rd party applications, just NOT from Lightroom. This is a MAJOR issue Adboe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The original issue described in this thread has been fixed. This looks like a new issue, so I am splitting it off into its own thread. Please reference the new topic here: Problem with Publish to Flickr in Lightroom 4.2

Votes

Translate

Translate