• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Hangs when using f.lux software on OS X

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2016 Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a Lightroom problem or an f.lux problem, so I'm posting in both places. F.lux is software that automatically cuts out blue light at night so your screen doesn't disturb your sleep cycles as much, but you can set it to shut of for particular software. Here's the bug report I posted at f.lux forums:

https://justgetflux.com/forum/topic/1...

I installed f.lux a week ago on a 2012 MacBook Pro Retina running OS X 10.11 El Capitan. When Lightroom was in the background, it would become unresponsive (beachball only, OS X reported it as not responding). I uninstalled f.lux and the problem stopped.

I had disabled f.lux for Lightroom (latest CC release, mostly the same as 6.3) so I could get accurate colors for photo editing, which may or may not have been related to the problem. I forgot to check if reversing f.lux's Lightroom exception prevented LR from hanging before I uninstalled.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016
Zoidberg,

This happened to me twice when changing the brightness of the screen when Lightroom is open(f.lux running) on Mac 10.11.4.

Thank you for reporting this.

- Venkatesh 

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,
I have not been able to reproduce your issue with f.lux and Lightroom on El Capitan. It may be due to something specific in your environment or need more detailed steps to reproduce than above.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 15, 2016 Jan 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking it. One factor: The problem doesn't necessarily happen immediately. I just noticed it when doing other stuff then moving back to Lightroom. So perhaps it takes awhile to manifest.

Also, I'm on a beta version of 10.11.3. Maybe I'll try the 10.11.4 beta that just came out to see if that fixes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled it to gather more data. The problem still happens (though I didn't upgrade to OS X 10.11.4 beta yet), and got a bit more info. First, it doesn't immediately hang -- I can do other things and come back sometimes. But when it does hang (three more times as soon as f.lux was working again) it can hang fairly soon after switching away. I have a crash log from OS X if you want me to share it here or elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2016 Feb 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina running 10.11.3 with F.lux and Lightroom. I have F.lux configured to be disabled for Lightroom. When I switched to Lightroom tonight, F.lux didn't change the screen back to the normal color, so I quit F.lux. As soon as the screen switched colors Lightroom stopped responding.

So it seems like it could be a problem with the color profile changing while Lightroom is open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happens to me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoidberg,

This happened to me twice when changing the brightness of the screen when Lightroom is open(f.lux running) on Mac 10.11.4.

Thank you for reporting this.

- Venkatesh 
Venkatesh Penjuri
Adobe Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obligatory "same here". Seems to happen when waking from sleep, when f.lux is active and LR is an exception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are you guys still having trouble with f.lux and Lightroom? Looking at the QE notes for this issue, it appears they can't reproduce this issue with new versions of f.lux, Lightroom and macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate