• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Import Keyword synonyms problem

Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Metadata->Export Keywords... from one catalog and then Metadata->Import Keywords... into another catalog the keywords in the new catalog that originally had all the export options unchecked now have the "Export Synonyms" and the "Export Containing Keywords" boxes checked in the new catalog. This means that potentially a lot of previously private information can be published without any warning.

The only way you can accurately replicate you Keyword List to a second catalog is to export the whole master catalog and delete all the images from the exported copy. 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to understand what the problem is. The Export Keywords just creates a text file of keywords that you entered and the file containing the keywords has no associations to images.
You can fix all the misspellings, cull the list and even add more to the text file before you import to another catalog.
So even if there is private information in there you still have the opportunity to remove the words that you had entered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the catalog each tag element has 4 "Keyword Tag Options" that you can set via a check box in "Edit Keyword Tag" dialog box.
  1. Include on Export
  2. Export Containing Keywords
  3. Export Synonyms
  4. Person
Only the first one, "Include on Export" is saved in the keywords.txt file created when you export the keywords from your catalog. As a result if any of the last three are set in the original source catalog they are not set in destination catalog after you import the keywords.

This also means that you cannot create or edit a keyword list outside of Lightroom and specify any of the the last three options.

This is at least a design or specification flaw in the keyword management system.

-louie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Louie and think the problem is quite simple to describe. If you export a keyword list from one catalogue and import it in a new catalogue, the new catalogue's keyword list should be identical to that in the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can duplicate the behavior you are seeing and agree that is a bug. I will file it. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate