• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Incorrect display shown after merging stacks

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Experiencing a problem (bug) that started showing up in 4.2 and I have been told remains in 4.3 concerning merging stacks. Here is the scenario:

1) In Library Module, Grid view, I have several stacks all of which are collapsed. For the sake of argument, let's say one has 3 images and another has 4

2) Now, I want to merge the 3 stack into the 4 stack with the top image of the 4 stack being the top image of the new 7 stack.

3) I Select both the 3 stack and the 4 stack, making the 4 stack the active stack (brightest canvas)

4) Press Ctrl+G to "merge selected images into stack" - in this case the selected images are the two collapsed stacks

5) This folds the 3 stack into the 4 stack as it should

6) in the old days of LR (prior to 4.2) LR would then show 1 thumbnail representing the new 7 stack with the number 7 on it as it's stack count.

In the new days of LR 4.2, instead you see all 7 images in the grid, with all 7 of them having the number 7 on them as the stack count. In other words it's showing an expanded stack with incorrect stack postion numbers. To get back to normal, Click the 7 on the one image that should be the top of the stack which renumbers them all, then click it again to collapse the stack.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013
This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.4.

The public release candidate of 4.4 is available for download here:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

Please note that this is not the final version of Lightroom 4.4, it's a release candidate. A "release candidate" label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug also occurs in my LR 4.3 Windows 7 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report, Dan and John. This is a known issue, look for it to be fixed in a future release.

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.4.

The public release candidate of 4.4 is available for download here:
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

Please note that this is not the final version of Lightroom 4.4, it's a release candidate. A "release candidate" label indicates that this update is well tested but would benefit from additional community testing before it is distributed automatically to all of our customers.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate