Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom: Issue with Map module in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

62 Votes
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), the map in Lightroom's Map module is very slow to load. It takes several minutes before the first part of the map appears, and some parts don't load at all, saying instead "Sorry, we have no imagery here", even though the part in question is on Google Maps. When zooming in or out, it's the same, it takes very long to update.
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015
Apple tells us that the OS network stack issue which caused this problem have been resolved in MacOS 10.10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reported this to Apple so they can fix the bug before releasing the final version of 10.10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also written this up in the Lightroom bug database, in case the problem turns out to be on the Lightroom side.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.
It is my impression that the Lightroom Maps module is based on flash. Perhaps an issue with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reported that to Apple btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, hope it gets sorted soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Yosemite Beta 3 today and the Maps Module has from uber slow to not working at all sadly. I was hoping but it was not to be...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Yosemite Public Beta 3 today and for me, Maps may not be the fastest still, but is actually useable again...
Sorry to hear about your different experience, but here, it definitely got better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopes dashed again! Beta 4 has done nothing for this problem sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todays (6th October) PS update fixed my LR Map problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon, it has stopped working again 😞 ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now understand this problem. My Broadband connection is not great, 5Mb is typical. The Map module does not work at this speed. My 4G phone gets circa 15Mb and if I tether it to my iMac the Map module works perfectly. For some reason a slower speed is not just slow, it stops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok on Mavericks. slow to the point of unusable on Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. If I click on "report a map error" at the bottom right of the Lightroom map window, it opens a google window(in a browser) and downloads the current area into the web browser. Guess what? lightroom then dutifully loads the mapping.

Very odd. But at least I can use lightroom in the interim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this does not work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Yosemite on my iMac yesterday and the Map Module is now totally screwed.
Come on Adobe, the developer beta versions of Yosemite have been out long enough for you to have devised a fix by now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this to Adobe and Apple 2 months ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave- are you on the release channel of Yosemite, and are you fetching road map, satellite or hybrid maps? I'm interested in why pre-fetching in the default browser (in my case, chrome) works for me and not for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my issue. I see it's "acknowledged", but no fix after 2 months 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been on the Yosemite beta programme since its start, since then the Maps module has not worked. It makes no odds whether I am on road map or hybrid. As I mention in a previous post if I rely on my poor home broadband that only achieves 6mb/sec download the maps module does not work. In my browser Google maps in any config works fine. In LR5 if I connect my phone that has a 4G connection that achieves 15mb/sec then the maps module works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "broadband" is about 3Mbps and it works fine with Google Maps, iPlayer HD and everything else. The issue with Lightroom maps and Yosemite is clear and obvious for me, and seems to be something to do with actually fetching the tiles - which is why I am interested that it doesn't work for you.

Tuesday with Mavericks - tick
Wednesday with Yosemite - fail

And that is a PITA for me.

The only Open Source equivalent - geosetter on a PC - is fine in a virtual machine on Yosemite. The issue seems to be lightroom related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very involved with the Geographical Information Community so I have many mapping applications. They all work perfectly even with my lack lustre broadband, it is only Lightroom that has an issue! Adobe need to sort this out, it casts a shadow over what is otherwise a world class product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monitoring Lightroom using Activity Monitor.app, it looks like zooming in and out on the map, and searching for a new location triggers a flurry of upload activity from Lightroom (10’s of megabytes of data is being sent somewhere...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoped today's update to PS might fix the issue, but alas no......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing exactly the same as Brian Aydemir, it's like the map module is flooding the upload link of my internet connexion while loading very slowly the tiles ! It stopped when the map is loaded.
I've upgraded to OSX 10.10 Yosemite recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines