• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issue with Map module in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), the map in Lightroom's Map module is very slow to load. It takes several minutes before the first part of the map appears, and some parts don't load at all, saying instead "Sorry, we have no imagery here", even though the part in question is on Google Maps. When zooming in or out, it's the same, it takes very long to update.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015
Apple tells us that the OS network stack issue which caused this problem have been resolved in MacOS 10.10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thick plottens. I have LR 5.6 on OSX 10.10 on a macbook as well as my main computer. The only real difference is that the macbook has about 6 images on it (my main computer has about 40k). The map module behaves perfectly on the macbook.

So the issue, for me, seems to be related to the number of images.

I wonder what is being uploaded...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Maps take absolutely ages to load. Only some tiles may eventually appear. Most times there are no maps at all. It has all happened since I upgraded to Yosemite. I have a relatively slow (5Mb/s download) internet connection, but all other apps work OK. Google maps runs OK from Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul - what happens if you click on "report a map error" - bottom right of the map pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark. Google Maps opens up in Safari and displays the location that the Lightroom Maps module is attempting to display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, google maps, bing maps etc. all work fine but not LR. I have been in touch with Adobe today (and a while back but they would not support me as I was on Yosemite Beta) and they acknowledge it is an issue many are suffering from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - when I do this (my default browser is google chrome) LR then loads the maps without complaint. It's as if the browser is fetching the maps for LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad Adobe are aware of it. I raised a support call with them about it yesterday but the support person was not aware of any issues with Yosemite! Got me to reinstall Lightroom, create a new catalog etc!
I raised a support call with Apple about it this evening as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe take on board that this does appear to be related to broadband speed. Greater than 10mbs maps is ok, less than it is not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not true! I have two macs- one works, the other doesn't. Also, I can kludge the non-working one into working by pre-fetching the map tiles on a browser.

It isn't speed related. It may be related to the number of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not true! I have two macs - one works, the other doesn't, both on identical LR/OSX releases. Also, I can kludge the non-working one into working by pre-fetching the map tiles on a browser.

It isn't speed related. It may be related to the number of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it is for me, as I mention in an earlier post my broadband is 3 to 5 m&s and maps does not work. If I plug my 4G phone to my Mac which achieves 15mbs maps works fine. Same iMac, same catalogue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. It is necessary that this problem will soon be solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the installation of the module Yosemite maps of my lightroom 5.6 974 614 10.10 x64 on MAC OS has become painfully slow. tags saved images are correct but the maps are loaded very slowly. Can I do anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No! Wait for Adobe to fix it sadly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem occurring with LR 4.4.1 and Yosemite. Will the fix be applied to this version, too? It's not exactly obsolete.

Surprised this wasn't identified by Adobe earlier. It's not exactly a 'hidden' problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reported three months ago. Sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just made a post re same thing
https://forums.adobe.com/message/6862632

In my case i am using official Yosemite and lost map module on upgrade, i had a version LR 4 on at the same time which also failed in map module.

I mentioned in my thread that i only did the Yosemite upgrade after googling if any issues an Adobe said in tests this all worked fin

AS a CC user and paying monthly i would very much like to see a fix

For further reference if i geotag via a phone app and load that in LR 5.6 i can tag the images but no see the map.

Not that clever but i think this is a firewall kind of issue

Mine has had a clean install of Yosemite and CC Photoshop and LR 5.5 as far as i can tell everything else works as it should

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think it's a firewall problem. I have permitted LR explicitly in the firewall settings, and it still exhibits the issue - long wait, maybe one tile, then "Sorry no imagery here"

I think it's probably important for Adobe to issue some sort of response here. Soon. Chris? Ben? Are you reading this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it is not Firewall. As I have mentioned before, if you get 4G on your phone with a download speed circa 15mbs try plugging it into ur Mac and try again. It works for me, not a long term solution though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the loading speed (downlink connection) of the map if degraded due to the flooding of the uplink connection ? But what is LR sending out at this rate ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason i wondered about firewall is my main connection is ethernet on occasion when i switch into map module all connection is lost including safari, if i switch over for wifi i get access back again though not in LR. Once access is back i switch into Ethernet and alls ok again.

I was thinking perhaps the request for the map is sent and i get a response that asks is this UK once i say it is then it stops responding. I thought it was upload speed that did the search on one port then download on another port.

I went in the modem settings and tried every protection i could find but had no affect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now thats a very good qstn is it perhaps the share info with Adobe permission or if it comes to that even Apple keeping tabs

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting but sadly I am connected over ethernet not wifi....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should really spend some time telling us what is going on with their analysis. The Map module is rendered ABSOLUTELY USELESS in Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate