• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR 3.5 crashing when opening Tiff. files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having consistent crashes when trying to work on certain Tiff files imported from Photoshop. It does it over and over again and tells me it will let me know when a solution is found. It has been several days now and I've heard nothing - should I expect some sort of communication from Adobe?

In the meantime I've reloaded Lightroom 3.5 several times, with exactly the same problems.

Can anyone help?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the DLL that the crash is reported to occur in?

Can you post a download link to one of the TIFF files so others can verify if it is the file or if it is your system. Use something like www.YouSendIt.com and send the file to your own e-mail and post the download link it gives.

There may be some size limitation. Are these files huge either in pixel dimensions or megabytes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And could you provide any of those files to Adobe for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I don't know what DLL is, but the report is (translation from German): Because of a problem the program was not properly opened. The program will shut down and you will be notified when there is an available solution.

The file is only 38MB.

YouSendit has sent me the mail but I Haven't got it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to the Tiff.:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1255092679...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I am able to import and view your TIFF with no problem on both Mac (10.7.2) and Win (7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1) using Lightroom 3.5. Are there additional steps that are necessary in order to get it to crash?

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin, I can view the Tiff in Library.

When I try to view the Tiff in Develop, the image appears, but then Lightroom crashes. With many other Tiffs, it does not.

I'm using Windows Vista, service pack 2, 4GB RAM, and have had no problems with Lightroom before. There are just a small group of Tiffs, all about 40mb that are causing the system to crash when I try to work on them or export JPEGs from them.

I exported 15 of these Tiffs, worked on 14 of them successfully and on this last one Lightroom crashed. Now when I go back to three of the Tiffs they also cause Lightroom to crash. It's a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2011 Oct 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Robert,

It works fine for me in Develop on Win7. I don't have a Vista machine handy at the moment, but I'll check it on Monday.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate