• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR 4 Does not Import RAW+JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3 will import RAW+JPEG images from my Canon S90 fine.

The new release of Lightroom 4 only imports the JPEG images and there seems to be no way to access the RAW (CR2) files to process them.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012
A second RC version of Lightroom 4.1 was just released, now available at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li... .

This bug is fixed in the new RC build. Please give it a try and report back if you are still seeing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same problem with the 4.1 RC build. I did some testing and think I see a pattern. If I shoot RAW + JPEG and do not have the 'Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos' checked, I only see the raw files in the import window. If I try to import any of them, I get the 'No photos or videos were found to import.' error.

If I check the 'Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos' option, I see both the raw and jpg files in the import window. I can successfully import either the raw or jpg or both images. I do not see the 'No photos or videos were found to import.' no matter what combination I try.

If I shoot only RAW, I am able to successfully import the RAW images regardless of the 'Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos' option.

I am running version 4.1 RC and Camera Raw 7 on a MBP w/OS X 10.6.8 and a Canon 5D Mark III.

-Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say that I'm using 4.1RC and I have the problem (see my previous two posts in this thread). I have had "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" checked in all of my reported import malfunctions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem...

Lightroom 4
MacBook Pro 17inch 2011
OS-X Snow Leopard 10.7.3
SSD Drive
8GB RAM
Sandisk FW800 reader
Cameras are a mix of Nikon D3, D800, D2Xs and D70.

Importing from CF Card via FW800 or any other way (USB, FW400) always imports a few pairs of JPG+RAW and then finishes off by importing mostly JPGs and then leaving a bunch of pairs behind :-(

Have also reproduced this on Windows LR4. BTW, the cards are Sandisk Extreme Pro and Extreme IV so far... from 4GB to 16GB in size... all behave similarly.

MAYBE it has to do with previewing... I notice that I start to double-click on thumbnails in preview window and then all of a sudden, about 10 previews in, the preview is a thumbnail and not the full zoomed in image. Maybe it has something to do with that.

Thank you...
Manny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, regardless of treat JPG and RAW same or separate, the issue is that LR ignores a bunch of the RAW NEF files during import... it does a few and then gives up at the end.

I have been simply copying files and synchronizing folder to work around it until fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pretty much the same problem. I use:
Mac Book Pro 2011: Intel Core i7 2.0 Ghz, 2x4GB RAM DDR3 1333, SSD 128GB Samsung 830 series, sata3 (6Gb)
Filesystem: journaled HFS+
Lightroom 4.0 [814577]
Cards: SanDisk Extreme Pro 8GB (35MB/s)
Camera: Nikon D7000 shooting raw (NEF) and JPG high or medium resolution
Import method: Copy as DNG - destination: directory structure based on date

With the same setup I did not have this problem in LR 3.4 and 3.6. I do not have this problem with LR4.0 on Windows 7.

When importing from card, most of the times, in the import interface I can only see the jpg files (no nef files). If I close LR and start it again I may, randomly see the .nef files too but the import process only processes some of them. Also, this issue seems to happen the same with new catalogs and with existing catalogs. It does not seem to matter if I insert the card before or after I start LR or if I use LR's automatic detection of card - go to import view or if I go to the import view manually.

The last test imported 35 NEF files out of 357 and all the JPG files.

I never treat JPG files as separate photos - that option is disabled.

The only fix I could find is to copy the card's content on the local disk and import from directory - I never yet had a problem importing from a directory on the local disk.

Any news on this? Is it considered a bug that will be addressed soon?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, but with canon g12 and 5d mkii. I get an errormessage stating no photos or videos to import (after selecting the photos to import and pressing import). Then the status line statesthat lightroom is preparing to import. After that i have to terminate lightroom to be able to import anything.

I have tried with different cards also - same result every time i have both RAW and JPEG on the same card. With RAW alone, everythinh works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problems with 4.1RC. Importing by USB from Nikon D700 gives me only RAW, with a card reader I get RAW+JPG. (OSX 10.6.8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While importing files to LR4, it copies the RAW files (.cr2) for most, but not all files. For example, out of every ten images it imports, approximately 7 or so will be the RAW (.cr2) file and the other 3 or so will be only the .JPG version. I have to go into finder and compare the two directories and copy over the RAW version for the ones that it only copied the JPG for. It does not copy the JPG version if it copies the RAW version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A second RC version of Lightroom 4.1 was just released, now available at http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li... .

This bug is fixed in the new RC build. Please give it a try and report back if you are still seeing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huge issue! I photograph weddings used lr4 to import and now a lot of my files are only basic jpegs. the Raws didn't import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seth, have you downloaded and tried the Release Candidate 2 yet? It was released yesterday?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet but even if I do I can't trust the software now for this purpose because if it happens again it could be catastrophic! I can't just cross my fingers and hope my images upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand that. Becky is reporting this fixed in RC2.

I am guessing you don't perform a duplicate copy on import to safeguard against catastrophe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a duplicate wouldn't solve this problem. since its not recognizing the Raws it would just duplicate the jpegs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure you can say that. The duplicate of which I am speaking is a pristine second copy of your card's image made by Lightroom preimport, pre renaming, pre initial metadata and default develop settings.

So I am still guessing that you you didn't attempt to do a duplicate on import via the Make Second Copy to: functionality in the File Handling section of the Import dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This bug has been fixed in the Lightroom 4.1 release, available now. To get Lightroom 4.1, go to the Help menu in Lightroom and select Check for Updates, then follow the prompts. Or, you can download Lightroom 4.1 from adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate