Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR 4 email feature sending wrong photos

Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using new email photo feature...photos send, but they are not the currently selected photos...they are photos from a prior selection of photos that were emailed...even after shutting down LR and restarting, somehow that cache or selection does not clear. From the composed email preview, it looks like the correct photos are being sent...but when I open it up on the receiving side, they are clearly the wrong photos..
BTW, I am running 4.1 RC, but this also happened with 4.0...running Win7 64bit.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012
This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available. In Lightroom, go to the Help menu and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
16 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Email Client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are some questions:
1.You can reproduce this for each time when you use 'File->Email photo...'?
2.Do you use different catalogs between the prior selection and current selection?
3.What type of account and email client did you use to send and receive?
4.Between prior and current sending, other steps did you do?

Please try 'Export->Export with previous', 'Export->Export For Email(Hard Drive)' in right-clicking menu to see if you can get the correct image.Thanks for your time.

Thanks,
Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Gmail to send email. By client, I am using the built-in client from LR4.

1. The problem is reproducile using file-->email photo...
2. I do not switch catalogs...
3. I am sending using the gmail account thru the lightroom client. Receiving is thru iphone4 built in email client, using a yahoo account.
4. When I try export with previous, I get an error message...
"Unable to export: An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'email_photo_caption' (a nil value).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're trying this according to your information, will feedback when get some result. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further investingation....
When I check the email from a computer (browser based), it seems to have worked.
So far, I still seem to have the problem whenever receiving the email/photo from iphone or ipad (both running 5.01 IOS). seems like when it checks the new email, it doesn't load the new image, just shows the previously sent image...If I shut down email completely, and reload, it seems to now have the correct photo...but all the other sent emails contain that same photo (even though different ones were sent).
Seems like when checking the new email with new photo, the image comes up too quickly (like it goes right to the cache on the iphone/ipad), and not loading from yahoo/gmail server.

Tried sending the same photos with PICASA and it works fine...different image sent and received. My guess is that it has something to do with some accessory data sent with the photo by lightroom, that tricks iphone email app to associate with images in cache? BTW, with LR4, it used to send a bunch of nonsense characters in the email body, which no longer show up now...
All photos sent with picasa are fine...all photos sent with LR have the same issue...even going back to emails sent from LR4 (before 4.1RC upgrade).

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2012 Apr 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having identical problem -- sending from LR4 on MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.8 on gmail to an aol account on a new iPad.

Any ideas? I have cleared iPad cache and cookies and restarted but no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for investigating and providing useful information. I reproduced this using my iPad, will push it fixed. Thanks a lot!

Thanks,
Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like it relates to image metadata translations, email filtering and html5, based on this thread about similar problems....

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2012 May 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An unusual problem: When sending an email with a photo attachment from Lightroom 4, the attachment shows up in all my wife's email accounts when viewed on computer, but does not show up on her iPod accounts. What does show up on the iPod is an old, previously sent attachment/photo. Lest one think this is an iPod problem, it does not occur if the attachment is sent by Mac Mail, PC Thunderbird, or directly from the email website (e.g. GMail); nor does it occur if the "Export" feature in Lightroom (that opens the Mail app on my iMac) is utilized. Even stranger is that the first time I saw the problem was when I attempted to send 4 photos. 3 arrived and the 4th was that old attachment I mentioned. After that first occasion, I have been unable to send even a single email photo directly through the email module in Lightroom 4; and the same old photo/attachment repeatedly appears instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this one is fixed in 4.1 - can you confirm that you're not still seeing this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct. It no longer occurs in 4.1. This means Adobe was aware of the problem before I was, and it would have been nice if they had announced that they were working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, I'll mark it as fixed, thanks. They don't usually announce which bugs they're working on, just in case the fix causes other issues or they have to pull it at the last minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it appears to be fixed; but I don't get the rationale for not mentioning the bugs of which they are aware. I'm not suggesting they have to guarantee a fix, just inform their customers they know the problem exists so we don't waste time attempting to diagnose and fix it ourselves. I wasted the good part of an afternoon attempting to determine whether it was a Lightroom or an iPod problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Up at the top of this thread, where it says 'Solved', it had been changed to 'Acknowledged' as soon as they verified the bug. If ever you need to find out whether something's a known issue, this is a great place to look. If it's not listed here, it needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. If we can produce the issue in house, we mark the bug as Acknowledged. Becky from the Lightroom team has a list of issues that she's marking as fixed. She may have just missed this or is still getting caught us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available. In Lightroom, go to the Help menu and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate