• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR4 book export: Page overlapping image offset

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a book for Blurb, I see an offset with an image overlapping the two page sides. First I noticed this on Blurb's book review page. Then I tried to do an "Export Book to PDF..." and I can see the same offset.

Please have a look at the offending page at http://leu.org/issue_blurb.png

This is with the official Lr4 release on a Mac OS X 10.7.3.

Thanks for your help!

– Daniel

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017
This issue is fixed in Lightroom 5 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of using Blurb mode in the Book module, I switched to PDF mode. From there I generated a PDF file and this one is perfect.

Don't know what changes when switching from Blurb to PDF mode that changes the resulting PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new book using the two page spread with two images format. The Book module is in Blub mode and I used the Export Book to PDF option. Both the left aligned and the right aligned format showed the same error.

Here is the link to the PDF: http://leu.org/test_book_debugging.pdf

When you look at page 4, you see that the left image is a bit smaller than the right image. But both images have the same zoom level and are perfectly aligned in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. The team was able to get the bug to happen, and it has been logged. It seems to be specific to that one particular layout template; if you see it in other templates, please post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Becky.

Please note that it affects both the left and the right aligned version of this template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like it's not fixed in the latest release 4.1RC2.

Even worse: it's been modified but is still wrong, which mean it could get forgotten.

Note how the left page has been shifted a bit up in the 4.1 version, but it's still not aligned at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a book for Blurb, I see an offset with an image overlapping the two page sides. First I noticed this on Blurb's book review page. Then I tried to do an "Export Book to PDF..." and I can see the same offset.

If I switch from Blurb mode to PDF mode in the Book module. When I generated a PDF file it will line up perfectly.

I see this problem in 4.0 and 4.1 RC2

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a two page spread with 5 photos in the book module a vertical shift occurs on the left page part of the large photo in the middle. This shift is introduced after sending it to Blurb, on the book module in Lightroom everything looks fine.

This problem happens when directly uploading the book to Blurb. In the book preview on the Blurb website you can see the shift. The generated PDF files when uploading the book (C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Local\Temp\BlurbOutput_Book.pdf) also have the vertical shift of some millimeters.

If you export the book to PDF there is no shift!

This problem als happens on other two page spread templates.

I used Lightroom 4.0 to make the book. I updated to lightroom 4.1 because of this problem, but it's not fixed with 4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same problem on Lightroom 4.3.

Uploading to Blurb, or exporting to PDF while the book settings are on the Blurb option creates the vertical shift. If you switch the book settings to PDF, and then export to PDF, the shift is not there.

I did not notice the shift until after I'd already ordered my first book. This is going to severely affect my satisfaction level, especially now that I see that this has been a reported issue since the introduction of the book module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very disappointing that this issue hasn't been fixed since I reported it 10 months ago! I am wondering how many books have been printed showing this image offset...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue is fixed in Lightroom 5 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate