Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR5 Selection issue when in Library / Publish Service mode

Participant ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major bug!
Using LR5 on PC / Win 7 Pro SP1 - In Library module, grid view, publish services, I noticed that the selections in the film strip and the grid view do not always concur. For example, if I select a published image, then (without holding down any modifying key) select an unpublished image, the initial published image remain selected. Doing the same, only on the published images (or the un-published images), seems to work as expected. I believe that I must have accidently deleted some images from my publish service from this bug, so it's a serious issue. It appears that the selections from the unpublished / published images are working independently.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk, yes, just spotted that one! Hopefully a fix will happen soon. Thanks again, Dayve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the publish module the selections are displayed incorrectly in grid view. under certain circumstances like when virtual copies are created of images. The correct selection is in fact shown in the film strip view. I had reported this issue over the telephone when LR4 was first released, but it has not been fixed and now remains in LR5 as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In release candidate 5.2 RC Adobe claims this issue to be fixed. However, for me it is worse than before: In just 100% of cases, whenver I select photos in the sgemeneted grid of the publish service, the filstrip selection is not updated, but the later is the selection actually used for updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they get this fixed. My work flow heavily uses the publish feature and this causes me major issues when I make selections and the filter them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom 5.2 RC, and as Claudio Emmrich noted this bug seems to have degraded even further in the RC; the filmstrip and grid view seem totally broken. Or am I doing something wrong?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Start LR
2) Clicking on different folders in the Folder pane works correctly.
3) Click on "photos to include" collection in jf Folder Publisher plugin
4) The Grid and Filmstrip update correctly. I have published all (13000+) photos in my catalogue to jf Folder Publisher.
5) Now when I click on a folder in the Folder pane the film strip and grid aren't updated anymore, all 13000+ pictures remain in the views.

The photos should be filtered like they were in step 2, am I correct? It doesn't matter which collection / folder I select, the grid and filmstrip never get updated anymore.

I have to restart LR to restore the expected behaviour 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sebastiaan Pouyet: I was having exact the same issue with LR 5.2 RC you described detailed above. Restart LR would solve the problem only until you click again on a Publish Folder ( Flickr in my case), then the film strip gets "frozen" and won ́t update when you switch to a folder in the Library Panel nor does the grid view.

I finally uninstalled the 5.2 RC and reinstalled the release version 5.0 again. This particular problem doesn ́t occur any longer, but I still have issues with creating new folders in the import dialogue or delete files via trash. ( My pictures folder is located on an external HD connected to my iMac OS 10.8.4 via Firewire.)

Maybe you should consider reinstalling LR 5 too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. It makes LR very hard to use, even for a long time LR user...
I have to quit constantly and restart to get the pictures correctly.

Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can't select photos in publish collection grid view. Lightroom 5.2 stops responding at all and wouldn't switch to any other photo! It's more than a bug I would say. It ruins my time and workflow after all. Very sad. And Adobe didn't fix it in their highly acclaimed 5.2 update.
I don't underdstand. Are they aware of this BUG at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said above I went back to LR 5.0, then later installed the final version 5.2 and I don't have this issue anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Walter, did it really help you?
It didn't do any good to me unfortunately. Also tried to delete smart previews, rebuild regular previews... Still nothing. It's getting even worse I think. Huh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Saulius, the problem was yet gone when I switched back to LR 5.0. I installed then 5.2 the first day it was released and haven't encountered this specific problem anymore until now. Knock on wood. I upload many photos to Flickr, Google+ and FB and this works fine for me now. But I have still the above described problems during import creating a new folder or deleting photos on an external HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, "deleted/to remove" tab from the a smart collection in a publish service has photos that cannot be selected, and not present in the filmstrip.

Ex : create a smart publish with criteria like only 5 stars photo
It should grab all your photo with 5 stars.
In the publish Grid, select few photos and downgrade them to 4 stars.
They will move to the "removed" panel.
Therefore you cannot select them anymore to make any change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouldn't have knocked on wood. As I said above, LR 5.2 worked fine for me for a couple of weeks. Suddenly today I have this issue as described by Sebastiaan Pouyet above again. Once you click on a published folder and then switch to a folder in the Library Panel, the film strip won't update anymore.

I reinstalled LR 5.0 once again and it works fine - for now. But this can't be it.
ADOBE, we're paying money for the software. Please fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may need a preference file reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rikk, but how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Rikk. I now reinstalled LR 5.2 once again and then reset the preferences following these instructions http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/r...

It's working fine right now. I hope it stays like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I was beginning to really lose my faith in Adobe. I followed the instructions posted by Rikk Flohr and now everything is working fine.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions as posted by Rikk Flohr, however, just removing the com.adobe.Lightroom5.plist did not rectify the issue for me. I proceeded to additionally remove other Lightroom 5 files within the /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences folder.

So far going back and forth between Library and Publish views is working fine now. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the current preference file (adding OLD at the end) and re-started LR5.2. The issue is still present. I have added this post here:
http://goo.gl/VqkDpt

I hope that Adobe pick this up as it is a major issue with many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don, which other files did you remove from the preferences folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I had just searched for anything related to LR5 and killed it. However, I've since found that what I thought was a fix was only temporary. It came back after a while working with LR. Now it is consistent. This sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably makes sense Not to start a new thread on the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes sense not to start a new thread on the same topic. This thread is currently marked "Acknowledged" not "fixed"

Votes

Translate

Translate