Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LR5 Selection issue when in Library / Publish Service mode

Participant ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Major bug!
Using LR5 on PC / Win 7 Pro SP1 - In Library module, grid view, publish services, I noticed that the selections in the film strip and the grid view do not always concur. For example, if I select a published image, then (without holding down any modifying key) select an unpublished image, the initial published image remain selected. Doing the same, only on the published images (or the un-published images), seems to work as expected. I believe that I must have accidently deleted some images from my publish service from this bug, so it's a serious issue. It appears that the selections from the unpublished / published images are working independently.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Participant ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Just to draw your attention to the fact that LR 5.2 is still having the selection issue in the Publish module. It seems that, making a selection on the filmstrip often does not update the grid view. It was claimed that this bug was fixed in v5.2, but many users disagree:
http://goo.gl/7z8A87
I have tried deleting the preferences, but the problem is still there. Would anyone at Adobe like to recognise this is still a problem and offer instruction to remove it please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news regarding the Publish issue? I'm also have serious issues with performance (starts off ok, but becomes extremely laggy with time. Never had these issues with LR4)
Cheers,
Dayve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just phoned Adobe to chat about both the Publish issue and the slow performance problems. Their policy regarding 3rd party plugins is that they won't offer any help (after the call, I tried with the installed Flicr plugin and the same issue is there too).

Regarding the performance issues, they were more helpful and suggested I follow this link:
http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/o...

Hope that helps you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Update. Phoned Adobe again. This time they guided me through the process of moving the preferences file to the desktop and clicking 'upgrade catalogue'. I had read that this was not the correct thing to do on Adobe's website, and that I should have just found my existing catalogue. Nonetheless, I followed his instructions, but the catalogue now had old folders in it, which I'd previously removed and I wondered what else it was not remembering. The Publish problem still remained after all that in any case. I've since replaced the pref file with the original one and now I'm back to where I was. I'm seriously regretting upgrading to LR5.

Votes

Translate

Translate