• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Missing example : of how filename is to be named/created in filename template editor

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Not sure if this is the correct place to ask Lightroom questions if not I apologize.  Any way is this a BUG perhaps? Just noticed ......The filename template editor when editing would show an example of what the file options that were selected would look like. (it was right above the big white box near top) Its not there anymore! WHAT? WHERE did it go? I needed to make some changes to a newly imported set of images . in short wrong info was put on 3000+ images . basicly the original raw file #..did not stay with the new filename.some how got deleted when I added new info to filename EXAMPLE WAS NOT THERE.to VIEW how file would look like. I don't have original sd card to get Raw file #s from..... Much work was done to images before I noticed Thanks so much any help would be appreciated .

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you confirm your operating system and Lightroom version please, so we can confirm whether the filename example is missing (which would be a bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the example filename is not displayed for any template containing date tokens -- the example shown is for the last template that didn't contain date tokens.  Here's an example of a template with date tokens not working:

And here's an example of a template without date tokens working properly:

The example shown in the File Renaming panel also doesn't display correctly when date tokens are used.

Tested on LR CC 2015.9 / OS X 10.12.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread for another user encountering the problem: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2295180

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria did not see this...... but I did see John Ellis reply Hope LR will fix.... thanks for all you do !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good!!! thought I was losing it......so to me a bug worth fixing!!     thanks so much for getting that figured out!!!  If and when its so nice to see an example!! like I said several thousand images with wrong info..... to much time required to fix    thanks again!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate