Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Mobile: All basic controls set to full minus (exposure to -5.00ev and all others to -100) when auto processed on import to desktop LR.

3 Votes
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When raw files are imported into light room with auto tone applied on import, when added to a collection and edited on light room mobile, the files have Full negative values in all adjustments .
Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
15 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danny,

Do you get the same negative values if you import images from the Camera Roll instead of from Lightroom Desktop?

Regards
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danny, you might reference this thread as well: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8425956#8425956
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. They suggest the update corrects the problem. It doesn't. It has persisted through more than a year of updates. There is a workaround - there's no permanent harm, but it's a pain in the ass and I'd love to know that it's being addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danny, have you attempted an uninstall, reboot of your device and then a reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually persisted through to a completely new computer with new software installation. Just FYI, I'm using an overclocked water cooled super computer with the fastest available video card (also overclocked). I have about 15,000 pictures on LRM and use it daily. I'm definitely a power user and I am fairly confident this is a bug and not local to my setup, though I'd love to be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure I understand, the photos were on your Desktop.
The photos had AutoTone applied on Import.
The photos were synced to a device.
On the device (looks like an tablet?) the readings show as in your photo above?

Do I have that all correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. On my desktop I import and convert to dng. At the time of import, I also create a second copy to my NAS for backup, add to a collection set to synch to mobile and apply keywords and auto tone upon import. Then, before I even go back to the desktop, I view the pictures on my phone or iPad. When I look at the iPad in LRM, I SEE the picture perfectly even though all the settings are at -5 or -100 and auto tone is Not selected. If I apply a crop or other edit, the picture then goes black and I can't see it (because it's at -5ev) and I then have to reset it or hit auto tone on the mobile device.

I'm wondering if it's because I don't view the shots on my desktop first and so there's a preview issue.

This ONLY happens when I apply auto tone on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danny, can you get me a screen shot of your Import Screen RH Side with the settings you are using? 

Also, are you willing to provide your Adobe ID so that we can look at the server side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. How do I private message you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emailed you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danny, Can you give me a collection name and file name for one of the errant photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Palm Beach Golden Hour. I think it was all of them, or at least most. If you can't find any in the log, I'll try to recreate the bug and not fix them like I did with these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it set to -10 etc for dng files generated from HDR (haven't tried it for Panos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.. even with latest LR mobile (12th April 2017). 

This screenshot is old, but I checked this morning after LR update and the problem persists. 

Related forum post: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9424919#9424919

Tweet: https://twitter.com/wherenow_hugh/status/833664267886985216

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just upgraded to latest version of Lightoom Mobile and now auto tone does not work.  Auto tone is now OFF and exposure is -5ev with all other settings be -100.  If you change them it does nothing to the photo.  Cleared the cache but did nothing.

Can't edit any pictures now on the ipad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines