• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: print collections not exporting correctly

LEGEND ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with LR 3.4 on a Mac with the latest camera raw and any current updates as required I've encountered the following problem.

When I export a print collection it reverts to a standard collection with no layout information when imported back into a different catalogue. The physical files are retained but the print layout is lost and the interface icon for a print collection changes to show that it is no longer a print (layout) collection.

Part of my workflow entails prepping my best (IMO) images for my portfolio gallery. The way I do this is to gather the images into a collection set, then create individual print collections with, say two or three images to a page, with borders etc. I then print to file as hires JPEGs, because we can't export from the print module, import into Photoshop to add a watermark via an action (I know this can be done in LR but I want only one watermark per image set not one per image) ready to upload to an online gallery. I prefer to use individual catalogues for each client or shoot and archive when completed. So my method is to export my best 'picks' to a new temporary catalogue from the working catalogue, and then import the temporary catalogue contents back into a specific gallery catalogue. This way I have my best work in one place and can maintain and vary the portfolio gallery as I choose.

No matter which route I've tried so far, I've only managed to export/retain the collection contents and not the print layout itself.

Steve H

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017
This was fixed in Lightroom 4 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verified here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2011 Jul 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a collection set for a seminar I was conducting and I got about 2/3 of what was inside the collection set. LR randomly (it appears) picked and chose what to export within the collection set. Needless to say, I had to scramble to provide curriculum for my class. Also, I noticed a LR3 Beta phenomena come back: click on a collection set and no underlying images show. Catalog has been optimized and plist deleted; same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. The team is looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was fixed in Lightroom 4 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate