• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: Printing problem with MacOS High Sierra (Epson)

LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing with Epson SC P600 on A3+ the margins and colours are mixed. If I print on smaller size paper problem is gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am completely unable to print from my Epson WF-3620 printer anymore. I don't print often but it used to work and now it doesn't. I can't specifically tie it to High Sierra update but it's possible. I export a file and print it with other software that works fine. The "Print" option is totally grayed out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan,

Is the problem specific to "macOS High Sierra" only? In other words you do not see this problem in previous versions of mac OS.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with my Epson R3000 and Lightroom. Since I updated to High Sierra my print presets don't work properly and it's impossible to change from portrait format to landscape format. My black and white prints have a green colour cast too. With Sierra everything worked fine but with High Sierra it doesn't. I do hope there will soon be a bug fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ganesh,

I think this is specific to High Sierra because I never had this problem before. I eventually (after wasting 4 sheets of expensive paper and lots of ink) printed through Photoshop. No problem there.

The whole adobe package is quite buggy with High Sierra. Takes ages to start Lightroom and photoshop, even with my maxed out 2017 MacBook Pro.

Would be great to see this all disappear in the next update. I have an important shoot next week, hoping the software pulls through.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Couldn’t agree more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a practical work round - but it would be nice not to have to add another step in the workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by exporting to photoshop and printing from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same - Epson PC-600/Lightroom/Photoshop/ - mostly printing on A3+ Hahnemuhle PhotoRag. Landscape format print settings do not work, however you set page orientation.
Once you realise this, ditch the landscape portrait setting and accept previewing at 90 degrees for landscape shots, it ceases to be expensive - just incredibly irritating. 
I've also found communication between computer and printer (NOT wireless) has become much slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem with my landscape presets switching over to portrait when printing. I had to use a portrait preset to get it to work and just contented myself with looking at the image sideways in the print module and turning off my watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arjun

I recorded a video showing that my landscape format-preset always results in a portrait format-output (print oder pdf) now. Hope the information helps to solve the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn6qn5t9cwuzvqj/PrintingissuewithEpson%2CLightroomandHie...
Of course I cannot show the problem with the colour cast as it is only visible on the print. I can only tell that before High Sierra I got a very neutral black and white-print and now it's slightly green.

Thanks,
Sabine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabine,

Could you please share a video on the issue you are facing ?

Thanks,
Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines