• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Rating change filtered autoadvance issue in Publish service

Enthusiast ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a bug with changing ratings with a rating filter applied in a Publish service collection:

If I first set a filter to show all 2 star photos or >2 stars then change any photo to 1 star the selected photo auto-advances two photos ahead of the original selection instead of just one (auto advance is turned off)

Example: If I have Photo1, Photo2, Photo3, Photo4, Photo5 etc showing as the filtered photos in the grid and I change Photo2 to be only 1 star it is expected that Photo2 would disappear and then Photo3 would become the new selected photo. But it moves to Photo4 instead.

This behaviour is only a problem in Publish Service collections.
Using LR5.4 with Win7.

--
Bruce

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to duplicate your issue and cannot get it to behave like you describe.

By chance do you use Compare mode often?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use compare mode. I use survey mode sometimes but usually it is grid view on one monitor and loupe view on the 2nd screen.
I also I just tried it in Lightroom 4.4 and it did the same thing.
FYI I recently reset my LR5 preferences file a couple of days ago to see if that would fix it.

Then I went back to LR5 and in the first collection I tried it was working correctly again??
So, I tried several more collections and in some there was no problem and in others the problem existed. It seemed to occur most consistently if there was at least one photo in the publish collection that is marked for re-publish but again that was not consistent as I had it happen with a completely new publish collection

However, I was not able to recreate the problem in anything but a publish collection.

Steps to recreate the problem with the new publish collection:
Created new gallery on Zenfolio
Ran sync with the plugin to get the gallery listed in LR
added 20 photos to the new publish collection all with 2 stars
set library filter to 2 stars & above
changed Photo1 to 1 star and that image was removed from view and the selection moved to photo3 instead of photo2

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bringing this up again as it is still a lingering problem:

For example when using a Publish service collection containing any number of photos and 10 photos are all 2 star rated, then I enable a library filter to show just those 2 star rated files.  (call them A, B, C, D etc)
Then,
If I change the rating of photo A to 1Star, A is removed from the filtered list and the selected photo auto-advances to C instead of next in sequence photo B.
(it looks like the next in sequence index is checked after the removed photo disappears and not before)

Same thing happens with other Library filters i.e. keyword changes.

Tried this with 'Auto advance' setting both on and off.
Tried a new catalog and have reset preferences.
Currently I have CC2015.9 running on Windows 7. (also occurs on older 5.71 and 4.4 installs on same PC)
And with my laptop running LR CC2015.8 with Windows 10.

Issue exists with my Zenfolio publish service collection and a brand new/never used Hard drive publish service collection.

However, if you use a regular folder or non-publish service collection the action is as expected that it just advances to the next photo in sequence.

-bh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have included a short screen cast of the issue:

With a new catalog I have added 6 photos and rated them all 2 Star and assigned some colour labels for clarity to what is happening.

Then I applied a library filter that shows just photos >2 stars, so initially all of the photos are shown. 
Then changed just the 2nd photo to 1 star and checked to see what photo is selected next.

This is done once each for the file directory, then a normal collection and finally a publish collection.

For the first 2 tests, after photo 2 is removed from the filtered view, the GREEN photo is selected as next photo. But, in the case of the publish collection the photo selection advances to the first RED photo instead skipping past the GREEN one.

Really hope some else can duplicate this.

Why fixing this is important to me:
While re-rating photos or changing metadata in the publish collections to pick "best of year" etc. if there are only a few photos in these collections I usually catch that LR is skipping past these photos as I advance through photo by photo. But, if there are several hundred in the collections I may need to review the collection multiple times to be sure I did not miss any adding extra time that should not be required.
Or I have to do this work from a matching normal collection instead.

-BH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce, I was able to duplicate this behavior after watching your video. I will log a bug on it. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, now I know it is not just my LR installs.

Votes

Translate

Translate