Lightroom SDK: Bug in photo:getRawMetadata ("durationInSeconds")?

1 Vote
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LR 3, the field "durationInSeconds" returned by photo:getRawMetadata() is a number. But in LR 4, it's a userdata that tostring() shows as "RatioTime( 1847/6 )". Some tedious experimentation (absent documentation) shows that the method toNumber() will convert it to a number.

Was it intentional to return this field as a built-in object? I suspect that this is a bug, that the intention was to convert the RatioTime to a number before returning it to the client caller. All other SDK objects have names that start with "Lr".
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012
This is fixed in LR 4.1 RC2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it appears this call is now returning a "RatioTime." I agree this is a bug. This is fallout from new video functionality in LR4. For backwards compatibility this should return a number, not a RatioTime.

It would be nice to have a "durationInRatioTime" field as well if additional accuracy is required, but as you pointed out it shouldn't be a "RatioTime" object- probably just a table with a denominator and numerator.

I will file and track this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2012 Mar 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,