• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Book disappearing after saving it and trying to make some changes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom Classic 8.4.1. I created a book and saved it. As I had a previous crash in lightroom (which seems to be quite often since I upgraded), I had to import some of the photos from a previous catalog to keep the editing. However, as soon as I do this, the entire book disappears! Nevertheless, the photos on the film strip still seem to be selected in the book, as you can see on the attached picture. It looks as if the book was not displayed correctly. It has happened the same thing doing other changes. I really think there is a big bug with the Book Module, and it is frustrating. Any help?
Thanks
HRackMultipart201910301177401d4-8f9e059b-405a-4631-8753-0a2b0f1c7a6e-1497785723.pngRackMultipart201910301177401d4-8f9e059b-405a-4631-8753-0a2b0f1c7a6e-1497785723.png

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a latest backup of your catalog that has your more recent book changes? We need to figure out the actual step to reproduce this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a catalog where I have good part of my book, but not all (I lost it thank to a crash in lightroom), where I had not save the book yet. Then I have another catalog, which was the latest one, where I had edited some pictures but my book disappeared. So I thought of starting back with the old catalog and taken only one collection of pictures that I know I edited after the first crash. I wanted to merge the two to get to nearly the same point but I can't find a way. I can send you the two catalogs, if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If you can zip up the two catalogs and send the download able url to my email sichen AT adobe DOT com. And I'll ask my team member to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ana,

Can you please help us getting few logs:

Please locate config.lua under

WIN: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom"

MAC: "/Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Lightroom/config.lua"

And add the following line in config.lua

loggers["LayoutModule"]= { logLevel='error',action = "logfile" }

and then launch Lightroom 8.4.1.

If you are unable to locate the config.lua in above path, then you can create the config.lua in the above mentioned path and paste the above mentioned line in config.lua and launch Lightroom 8.4.1.

Then click on the book which is causing the issue.Make some changes in book by adding pages and then switch to library module and back to book module.If the book is not loaded properly, some error logs will be generated in a log file(LayoutModule.log) under your “Documents” folder.Please share the log file with us at prghosh@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Prabal, I could not find the "config.lua", my computer did not find anything when I searched for it either. I create a simple text file with that name and had the above mentioned line. I did the same operation with the two catalog that I sent over, I managed to lost the book, but no file with errors was generated. I have done a search for LayoutModule just in case it went to a different folder and my mac did not return anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the catalogs and will pass on the info to Prabal to investigate. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Ana,
We are able to reproduce the issue and have logged a bug for the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate