• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: 13.0.1 at launch [LrC quit unexpectedly] (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I recently updated my Lightroom Classic and now every time I try to launch it I get the error 'Adobe Lightroom Classic quit unexpectedl'

Below is the crash report. Does anyone know a fix to this?

<Apple Crash report removed so Pinned Post is visible>

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Update 10/16/2023 - Midday - Central Time (US)

The issue has been traced to a server issue on our end and is not a failure of the Lightroom Classic update itself.  This issue has been rectified.

This means that the previous recommendation for this issue is to perform a clean reinstall of 13.0.1, is still the correct resolution as you may have residual files from previous attempts to install present on your system.

There is no additional update (i.e., waiting for 13.0.2) that is necessary to corr

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Updating status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 209 Replies 209
209 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reintalled V 13.0 from Creative Cloud and all's well with the world once more.

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also updated and now LR won't open. I get the "Lr quit unexpectedly" message. I've tried to uninstall the lastest version, but it won't uninstall as it thinks LR is open, so asks me to save my work and close LR. Its not open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic now will not open after last update (Sonoma 14.0) M2 Mini

Instantly gives crash report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't uninstall. You roll back. Open the CC launch app. Cloik on Apps. On the right side of the page pres the 3 buttons.  ...  Select Other Versions.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Cloik. Click. It won't let me edit. Anyone remember the TV series get Smart? "It's the Craw, not the Craw"       

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled V13.0 and it worked. No need to uninstall 13.01

Cheers
Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to previous verson. Then had to go into activity monitor and force LR to quit. I then opened LR and had to upgrade catalogue to a newer version. All looks ok now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

macOS Sonoma Version 14. 0

mac mini Apple M2 Pro 16GB

I tried updating Lightroom Classic to V13 then V13. 0.1. I encounter the following problem:

The update is carried out correctly and Lightroom starts well in V13. Very quickly there is an error accessing the catalog and Lightroom crashes and finally indicates that there is corruption of the catalog.
The crash occurs apparently when playing around masks. I have a lot of masks on my images.
The catalog is then rectified by Lightroom but goes from 2.5 GB to around 750 MB, I realize that the entire history of each image is lost, which is of course unacceptable.
Changeback to V12.5 (Which is stable) while waiting for a solution.
Note that on my PC (Dell XPS15 WIN10) V13.0.1 seems to have stabilized the system (Same catalog corruption issue was encountered with V13).
Thanks in advance for a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use tons of masks for my B&W work on my 2019 iMac Intel and it failed to launch. My 2020 Macbook Air M1 that did launch currently has 3 files on it. When I travel I create a new catalgue on the laptop. When I get home I move that catalgue and files to the iMac and use the import from another catalogue command.                            

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 13.0 was working on my two mac, a Mac Mini running Ventura and a MBP running Sonoma. Upgraded both to 13.0.1 and immediately both won't start, crash when I try to start them, below is the crash report from the MBP. 

Rolling back to 13.0 on the Mini fixed it. About to roll back on the MBP. 

For the person who said they reinstalled 13.0.1--how? @default12bgujjhezy7 

But I agree, go back to 13.0 until Adobe fixes this blunder. 

k_alexander_0-1697217551038.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with 13.0.1, I have 'downgraded' to 13 and as per Rick Flohr's suggestion and now lightroom is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem to install 12.5 is because the catalog was updated and have new photos using 13.0. Best thing is wait 5 years to do updates...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to go back to 12.5. Going back to 13.0 should solve the 13.0.1 issue.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nach dem aktuellsten Update von  von Lightroom Classic vor drei Tagen startet das Programm auf meinem Mac nicht mehr. Wenn ich es starten will, kommt praktisch gleichzeitig die Absturzmeldung ohne jegliche Fehlermeldung. Was kann ich da machen?

Danke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years? When there is a new catalgue version upgrade the new catague copies the previous catalogues data. For example after v13 my Adobe folder showed two catalogues. V12 and V13. All the catalogue information from V12 was copied to V13. When I opened LrC 13 all my edits were there going bakc to 2011.     

I moved the V12 catalogue and anything else that said says V12 to a folder on my desktop, Once I found everything LrC 13 was working fine I deleted that folder on the destop that contained V12 stuff. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember - whenever there as been a catalogue upgrade.

Why would anyone want to roll back to another version? For exmaple from LrC 13 back to LrC 12? You would only need to do that if the new version (LrC 13) was having some major issues and you needed to go back to LrC 12. You would know that pretty quickly. Even if you did import some files into LrC 13 and had to go back LrC 12, how many flles would that be? Not very many.

You would just have to-reinsall the previous version (LrC 12), import the last files that you imported to the new version (LrC 13). Upgrade to the next version when Adobe corrects the problem.                                                                              

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've update everytime, usually within the hour when I see the red dot in the CC install icon. Today is the first time since LR5 I've had to roll back to a previous version. LrC 13.0.1 to LrC 13. Same catalogue so it was quick and easy.                 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@digital paradise is just a joke about the 5 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. I've upgraded to LrC 13.0.1 on my M1 Ventura 13.5.2, and the same error message appeared. So I reverted back to LrC 13.0 and this time all works as previously. There must be a bug in the upgrade released by Adobe for Mac users?!? I guess we will need to wait for 13.0.2 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 19.20.54.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue coming up for me, I just reverted back to 13.0 until the next update comes out. It's the quickest solution for myself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography, "The recommendation for this issue is to perform a clean reinstall of 13.0.1"

Following those exact steps worked for me, eliminating the crash-on-launch I too was getting with LR 13.0.1 on Mac OS 13.5.1:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-13-0-1-at-launch-lrc-quit-unexpectedly/idc-p...

Waiting 5 minutes as the last step was important, since I was getting the spinning color wheel after first launching LR 13.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new LR Classic 13.01.  It immediately crashed and generated a failure report (sent to Apple).  Version 13.0 loaded and ran yesterday, although I didn't spend a lot of time verifying that everything I use worked.  I used the program for 30-45 minutes, then exited normally.  Updated to 13.01 a few minutes ago, and it immediately crashed; not even the splash screen.  Computer is a M1 MBP running the most recent Sonoma OS (14.03?).  That OS has been running for a couple of days without issues.  Tried doing a cold reboot, but that didn't help. Any suggestions?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-13-0-1-at-launch-lrc-quit-unexpectedly/idi-p...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME too !

Votes

Translate

Translate