• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: After the new version "update” today — “Unexpected error opening catalog.”

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“The catalog could not be opened due to an unexpected error.” Not just my main catalog. Every catalog, recent and older, and every backup.

This is what I'm looking for urgent help with.

It's far from the only problem. InDesign crashed hard on first launch of the update. Fonts spun in Adobe Fonts and wouldn't load. What an utter disaster you are lately Adobe. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify you are no longer experiencing the issue. Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 137 Replies 137
137 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@perla lavin

This is an old solved thread so you probably have a different issue.

The first step would be to attempt recovery from a backup of the catalog. Do you have a backup? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately, I don't. I recently had a problem with my hard drive and lost the backup. I was about to back up again when I received that message and I couldn't open my catalog anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@perla lavin  Unless Rikk happens back past this thread, zip up the catalog (just the lrcat bit) and use www.wetransfer.com to send it to me at uploads AT lightroomqueen DOT com and I'll check it on my machine and pass it on for a repair attempt if it doesn't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate it Victoria! I'll send it now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk You mentioned JF Folder Publisher, do you know if that has known issues with Lightroom catalogues? I use it and am having troubles with editors opening my exported catalogues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a couple of customers reported that it fixed their issue to remove the plugin. There isn't anything official however. The best advice is to try removing the plugin and see if the exported catalogs work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply @Rikk I did try removing it but to no avail. I've created a new post with the main problem if you're interested here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently don't have any issues creating a catalog on Mac and exporting it to use on PC or vice versa. 

Can you create some detailed, step-by-step listing of your workflow so I can see if I spot anything amiss?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done the latest update. Same error as before. Lightroom 11, Windows 10. About half the time, after exiting LR Classic, the catalog would be unreadable on next login. Rebooting doesn't help. Sometimes restoring from an older catalog works, sometimes the backup catalog is also corrupt. This is making editing impossible since I am unable to predict if all the work I did since the last successul backup is going to be wasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite upgrading to 11.1 and rebooting, I still cannot open an existing catalogue. Lightroom displays "Opening catalogue... " message when launched and never goes any further. Lightroom's main window does not appear. The Lightroom process is working in the background, but even when left along for hours, nothing ever changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After upgrading LrC to 11.0.1 I'm experiencing permanenet problems with the catalog integrity. I'm finishing working with the LrC in the orderly manner nad backing up the catalog each time I'm exiting the LrC. The integrity check passes OK. Then, when I'm strarting the LrC next time it's a roulette - sometome it starts sometimes it does not with teh messageLR Catalog Corrupt Message.png

I'm on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate