• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto Layout Book Module, photo cells are in the wrong order.

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with lightroom and I just can't seem to find the answer. I am creating a proof book in the book module. I want the images to appear in order starting at the top left and go left to right, top to bottom. Ideally I would like to use a page layout with 4 to 6 images.
I have discovered that depending on which template you use photo cells are "numbered" in a different order. Regardless if your images are in order in your filmstrip, when you choose auto layout, lightroom places them in an inconsistent pattern.
For example, if you use a 2 photo layout the photos go left to right. But in 4 photos they go from top left to bottom then back to the top again. With 6 photos it goes top left to top right to top middle and then down to the bottom row (that one really doesn't make sense) you will see from my screen shots my photos are in order in the film strip and their file names are ordered.
Is there a way around this? I am sure you are very busy but I really need help on this one. I have been looking for an answer and simply can't find one.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Natalie Wendig

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015
This should be fixed in Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this. It is a bug, and it has been logged in our system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This should be fixed in Lightroom CC/Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate