• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto-Stack By Capture Time is extremely slow

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto-Stack By Capture Time is extremely slow in my LR 9.3 but is nearly instantaneous in LR 8.2.1.

Details: 

In LR 9.3 / Mac OS 10.15.5, I selected 1185 photos and did Photo > Stacking > Auto-Stack By Capture Time. I got the spinning beach ball for over two minutes and LR was unresponsive before the dialog finally showed how many photos would be stacked:

In LR 8.2.1, I selected mostly the same photos (1170), and Auto-Stack instantaneously showed me how many photos would be stacked, with no spinning beach ball.

Something broke since LR 8.2.1. Auto-Stack should be just a simple sort and linear scan of the capture times of the selected photos, so the behavior in LR 9.3 is clearly a bug.

See here for the original report by another user on Windows:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/auto-stack-by-capture-time-causes-lightroom-classic...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this problem with my LrC 9.3. Auto stacked 384 images which displayed the number of stacks almost instantaneously. Selected Auto stack on 1185 images and this showed the number of stacks in 2-3 seconds. Tried 9499 images and that took 33 seconds. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, my two main catalogs don't exhibit the problem. But my small test catalog does (Mac), as does the catalog of the person originally reporting the problem (Windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John.
We could reproduce this issue.
We are investigating.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature does not work well because the timing between stacks isn't always consistent OR the same minimum. A much better solution would be to add the ability to define how many photos per each stack... not by capture time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is about Auto Stack running very slowly.  Please post your feedback on this other thread, which is more to your point:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-better-auto-stackin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue no longer occurs with my test catalog, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate