• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Background graphics flipped in exported book

LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I’ve made my first book with the integrated book module in Lightroom in order to print it with Blurb. Started with LR 4.1, I've tried to solve upgrading to 4.2, but the problem remains.

In the visualization all works fine, i’ve added graphics as background in some pages and the orientation follows the page numbering correctly (for example, the side decoration appear on the left of even pages and on the right of the odd ones).
But when I export my book in PDF for a preview, all the backgrounds go crazy.
I’ve noticed that this happen after each double page, as if the program count them as single. After the first double page, decorations switch from left to right and viceversa, after the second double page all return ok, after the third it’s switched again, and so on.

In the screenshot you can see an example of the problem, taken after the first double page.

I've resolved transforming graphic background into images.. but it's not a real solution...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013
Must be fixed in 4.4 RC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noted this problem. But in my case (LR4.2) it does not seem to be connected to double pages. Even in a book with just one page, the background is aligned incorrectly.

This bug also happens with the other asymmetric wedding backgrounds. And also with, for example, the compass in the corner in the other backgrounds.

TIPP: The background images can be found under LightroomFolder\Templates\Layout Templates

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created PDFs of my book multiple times and everything looks the way it should: photos in correct places, graphics for background in correct places.

When I uploaded the same book to Blurb, the preview showed the background graphics in misaligned places. For example, the wedding graphics that are on the outside, are suddenly on the inside. Then a page which was supposed to have the wedding graphics at the top, has no graphics at all. It seems to be a shift, where one or more pages do not get the graphics that they were supposed to have, which offsets the rest.

I didn't think to keep the books to use for an example here unfortunately. I just uploaded a book with "global" graphics to see if that fixed the issue, and it did not. It seems to be an issue with the first two page spread, and each other two page spread after it. (Or, better put: all two page spreads.)
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invite...

I am using Lightroom 4 RC 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug in the Book module: If I add the second background ornament from the preinstalled wedding selection (The one with a big and a small ornament in the corners.) the ornaments are displayed correctly. But if I save the book to pdf, the left and right version of the ornament are swapped. So the ornament for the left page is printed on the right page and vice versa.

The same happens with the fifth ornament. Thus, the ornament, which should be on the outside of the page, ends up on the inside in the pdf. Presumable, the same happens with the sixth ornament.

Please fix this. (And seriously, should one notice such bugs when testing?)

Also: Does this happen when exporting to Blurb, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Background graphics show correctly in LR Book Module but are reversed in the PDF output. I am using the compass rose graphic from the Travel section. The rose should appear in the outer bottom corner of each page (lower left on left hand pages and lower right on right hand pages). But the PDF places the graphic in the gutter instead (lower RIGHT on left hand pages and lower LEFT on right hand pages). I am afraid to send my book to Blurb for fear it will arrive with the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Must be fixed in 4.4 RC.

Votes

Translate

Translate