• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bug when using adjustment brush, mask overlay and a Wacom tablet

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a bug found in Lightroom 6. When I use the adjustment brush, I use the ‘show selected mask overlay’ feature but with Lightroom 6 it is hardly visible when you make an adjustment. Very very pale pink. With Lightroom 5 it was much more visible. If I go to adjust an existing photo I altered first in Lightoom 5 and open it in Lightroom 6 the mask overlay is much deeper pink but as soon as I brush on more adjustment, what ever I add shows as pale pink. The problem happens when I use a Wacom tablet or Wacom mouse. I have just had a chat to Victoria Bampton and she just reproduced the same problem with her Wacom tablet. With her Apple trackpad though it worked fine. I am using Yosemite 10.10.3.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
92 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is fixed in LR. There is no update. Only for PS!

Same Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may take some time for the update to show up on your system.

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC2015/6.1 update had better deliver. Not showing up here yet but it can't be long. As it stands, I can only really get any work done in flawless LR 5.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update on LR CC (June version) and you know what? Nothing changed. Still hard to use the pen/tablet and useless in controlling tonal curves. Such a shame . Really hurting my workflow and my work in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update. Nothing changed for me. I think the wacom issue was just fixed for windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me on Windows 7 64-bit with my Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch, the pen pressure is working now with CC 2015.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, like I said, I think it's just for windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1 ultra-performance PC here...LR CC 6.1 has made no difference at all to the issues, unresponsive sliders and the rest. It's a workflow killer. I have three jobs to process today and it will be in LR 5.7 which still works perfectly. In the Wacom preferences I've tried Windows Ink on and off, in LR have completely dumped prefs and presets and everything and started from scratch but still no good. Not happy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk Flohr it's not solved. The fix was just for windows, the problem still persists on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sliders in LR CC 2015 are still sticky when I try to move them with the pen. Providing quick fixes was one of the main features Adobe sold us with their CC idea. Well that worked. (Windows machine)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my other posts Ramon, I'm on Windows 8.1 and sadly there's no fix. I wish there was!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, it was not fixed. I had two updates (in June) but made absolutely no difference. I have a professional use of this and is really hurting my workflow and work quality, despite the longer it takes to do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad. I'm worried that I updated twice and nothing was solved, so the next update should take a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pressure sensitivity in Lr CC 2015.1 now works correctly with my older Wacom Intuos 2 tablet. Ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm helping out a friend (I don't know anything about photography or the Lightroom 6 program but I am a whiz on the pc) but my friend is having an issue with adding a plugin into his Lightroom 6 program. The plugin is called `photo magic` and without being near his computer he's only spoke to me over the phone and he's not exactly computer literate he is unable to tell me the file extension of this plugin is because Lightroo is unable to find it. Has anyone ever downloaded this photo magic plugin, do you know if it is compatible with Lightroom 6 and do you need to extract it or anything, there must be a reason why the Lightroom 6 is unable to find it. Thanks, john Gallagher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, it is not fixed. I have the latest cc2015 update. It works only if I have Windows Ink option enabled. But if I turn on Windows Ink option then I cannot use pen for other stuff. Like I cannot use pen on LR sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and guess what, still nothing.

Adobe, what the f you waiting for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated information:

I have tested (today) Lightroom 2015.1.1 with the Wacom Intuos 4 with the 7/14/2015 6.3.13-w3 drivers on the following OS's:

Win 7
Win 8.1
OSX 10.9.5 (2 different machines)

The sliders move smoothly, pressure sensitivity is working, and there is no bad behavior with the Adjustment Brush (the original problem reported in this thread).

If you are still having problems, verify that you are are using 6.1.1 or CC2015.1.1 in the Help>System Info screen. Verify that you are using the 6.3.13-w3 driver from Wacom. Once you are absolutely certain you are running these up-to-date versions, post back here with your OS version, your Wacom Tablet model and an example of the behavior that is occurring with detailed-repeatable steps.

If your situation pertains to lagging of sliders, also post your system's hardware specs and if possible a link to a video demonstrating the lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still experiencing this issue.

I have :

Win 10
Lightroom 2015.1.1
6.3.13-w3
Intuos 3 Pro

If I check "Windows Ink" then I get sticky sliders and pressure sensitivity works
if I uncheck "Windows Ink" then I my sliders works well and then pressure sensitivity stops working.

I believe everyone is having the same issue. It is not machine specific for sure.

it is happening in photoshop too.

Here is the solution for photoshop problem.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1501276

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is also happening in Photoshop as well, then you are most likely looking at a driver bug. The referenced forum topic is about how to work around the driver bug by switching APIs used for pressure..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. I have re-installed latest driver multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a driver bug then how you are not having the same issue. I have the same drivers ( now latest) as mentioned by Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other users are not having the same issue. That may be because they are running different versions of the driver, or because they have different settings in the driver.
Lightroom had some issues, as noted above. But Photoshop hasn't had such issues. Since you say you see the same issue in both applications, the only thing in common is the driver code for the tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate