• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bug when using adjustment brush, mask overlay and a Wacom tablet

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a bug found in Lightroom 6. When I use the adjustment brush, I use the ‘show selected mask overlay’ feature but with Lightroom 6 it is hardly visible when you make an adjustment. Very very pale pink. With Lightroom 5 it was much more visible. If I go to adjust an existing photo I altered first in Lightoom 5 and open it in Lightroom 6 the mask overlay is much deeper pink but as soon as I brush on more adjustment, what ever I add shows as pale pink. The problem happens when I use a Wacom tablet or Wacom mouse. I have just had a chat to Victoria Bampton and she just reproduced the same problem with her Wacom tablet. With her Apple trackpad though it worked fine. I am using Yosemite 10.10.3.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This was fixed in the CC 2015.1 / 6.1 Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
92 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also highly affects the useablity of the sliders in LR6. It is a pain in the a$$ to move sliders with a Wacom pen. Win 8.1 64bit here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thankfully not experienced that issue. Which Wacom tablet and driver are you using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6.3.11-4 - It is the same problem I had until I deactivated the Windows native pen and tablet features as described here http://www.volnapc.com/all-posts/how-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's about fix from Adobe? In 5.7.1 pen pressure works. In CC not. That can only be a bug in LR CC!

A lot of windows users with a wacom tablet has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue of a lack of sensitivity in Lightroom CC when using the adjustment brush. I am running Windows 7 with an Intuos Pro. In Lightroom 5.7 the pressure sensitivity works, in Lightroom CC it does not. I am running driver version 6.3.11-4. I thought I had disabled Windows Ink to try and avoid issues with the Spot Healing tool - however I note this was actually enabled. I have tried both unticking it and re-ticking it but it didn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope they come up with a fix soon as this seems to be becoming a common issue with Lightroom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC & Win 8.1 here. The pen pressure issue is major. Perfect in LR 5.7 which I've had to revert to if I want to get big projects quickly and smoothly processed.

Adobe, put this up near the top of your list of bug fixes in LR CC's first revision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from an ideal workaround though isn't it, as it just wastes so much time. Then if you want to use a feature in Lightroom 6 afterwards and you need to make an adjustment to a previous adjustment brush after that you are stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just realised that the brush adjustments work fine in Camera Raw 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria I have just discovered the problem does not exist with Camera Raw 9, so this now very much looks like a bug issue rather than a driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've just managed to repro it again too. Now to figure out the difference....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a brief video to demonstrate how this affects working with sliders

https://youtu.be/ae9YIc-uLUI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it works in ps too and in lr 5.7.1. So why should it be a driver problem? It is a lr cc bug and i am waiting for a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How on earth did you manage to do that? Oh this is very interesting. If you can work out what is causing it then there might be a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan it could have been a change that Adobe made when the upgrade came out. That fact Camera Raw 9 works, now rules that out. It is 100% bug related. The weird thing is that I am the only Mac user reporting an issue. Victorias Mac work fine. We thought it was the age of my Wacom but if Victoria has managed to repro the problem again then it might, just might be a settings issue. At least then there could be a workaround of some sort for a while until Adobe sort it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've logged a call with Adobe, they inform me that their development team is liaising with Wacom and looking into this .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria since you managed to repro it again have you had any success in working out the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but I haven't been able to spend much time on it yet. I'm still desperately trying to get this book out the door, between answering thousands of emails. It is in my to do list, but I hope someone else will be able to look into it in the meantime, as it could be a while at this rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone would think you were busy. 🙂 I have tried playing with lots of settings to see if I can get it to go away during the last few days but with no luck yet but will keep at it. Could even be a combination of settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and still no fix. This is outrageous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not wrong, I check the Adobe updates most days and am constantly amazed not to see the much needed LR CC/6 fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a MONTH still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't the only bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course not, but this one is ruining the entire workflow. What's the use of the CC system if they don't roll out fixes as soon as they have one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2015 Jun 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem using a Bamboo Capure on a OS 10.10.3. Worked just fine in LR 5, but now is hard to use brush, sliders (or histogram) and the tone curves are impossible to use with the pen/tablet. Such a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate