• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Calling `applyDevelopPreset` with a plugin preset removes all photo Corrections

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Calling  applyDevelopPreset on a preset created within the plugin causes all "Corrections" (Local adjustment Brushes, Radial Filters and Graduated Filters) to be removed from the image in LRC 9.3. All other image settings remain unchanged as expected.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

This is how the preset is administered on a photo in the plugin.

local preset = LrApplication.addDevelopPresetForPlugin(_PLUGIN, editText, edits)photo:applyDevelopPreset(preset, _PLUGIN)

This is the generated preset.

s = {    id = "35819D5A-5461-4BDA-802C-0A2AF7D3E4AC",    internalName = "Exposure  +0.3  1.8",    title = "Exposure  +0.3  1.8",    type = "Develop",    value = {        Exposure2012 = 1.8,    },    version = 0,}

Applying this preset changes the intended value of exposure, but also removes any Corrections (Local Adjustment brushes, Radial and Graduated Filters) on an image. All other settings remain unaffected.

Currently, as a workaround I'm having to do this to keep copying existing Corrections on an image onto the edits for the preset:

edits.PaintBasedCorrections = photoSettings.PaintBasedCorrectionsedits.CircularGradientBasedCorrections = photoSettings.CircularGradientBasedCorrectionsedits.GradientBasedCorrections = photoSettings.GradientBasedCorrectionslocal preset = LrApplication.addDevelopPresetForPlugin(_PLUGIN, editText, edits)photo:applyDevelopPreset(preset, _PLUGIN)

This behaviour was not present in LRC 9.2 and prior.

I originally raised this issue on the  Adobe Community forum and it was replicated by other members. They've directed me to raise a bug report here.

System and App information:

Lightroom Classic version: 9.3 [ 202005281810-476e492c ]License: Creative CloudLanguage setting: en-AUOperating system: Mac OS 10Version: 10.14.6 [18G4032]Application architecture: x64Logical processor count: 12Processor speed: 2.6 GHzSqLite Version: 3.30.1Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

And could I be directed to where I can upload a sample plugin that highlights this error? And please let me know if there's any other information I can provide to help in solving this.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this.
We are investigating. 
I have sent you an e-mail off list to get more information.

Thanks,
Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out Sunil! I've replied to you.

I've built a demo plugin, which you and any team member can test out here:
https://github.com/cajames/lightroom-preset-error-demo

Hope it helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this issue, because the clients of my Relative Adjustments plug-in are experiencing this issue also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for these issues. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug no longer occurs in my LR 10.0, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate