• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't upload to Facebook

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having trouble getting pictures to upload to Facebook. i allowed access but i can't drag and drop them. also would like to upload albums not one post per picture.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012
This issue has been fixed in Lightroom 4.1, which is now available. In Lightroom, go to the Help menu and choose "Check for Updates".

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
32 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2011 Nov 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry. Lightroom 3. version 3.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you have set up a publish service connecting a collection to your Facebook account.

Can you add photos to this collection? If not, what did you try?

If so, what happens if you click "Publish" in that collection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can add photos but they aren't all in the same album. one post per picture which is kind of a pain. i will try again to see if it lets me "create a new album" and if they all show up in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know where to download facebook pics in photot shoopp :pp HELP !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question doesn't really belong on this thread but here's the answer. You can either Right + Click on the image and copy it from Facebook and paste in Photoshop, or Right + Click on the image and Save It from Facebook and open it in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have LR 3.6 and have been getting the same error for the past two days. I have removed authorization from both LR and FB. Reauthorization was no help.

Anyone know the link of where to submit bug reports?

Also... during the deauthorization, I lost the collections in the FB publishing service. Any way of getting those back without having to reconstruct them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom 4, and have had it since it was formally released a few weeks ago. I published no problem to Facebook up until literally today. Was there a lightroom 4 patch, or a facebook security feature that was put in place? The exact error I am getting is:

Photo upload failed. Returned error: (#10) Application does not have permission for this action.

Nothing on my end changed that I know of, and I removed the lightroom app from facebook, then re-added it. I also deauthorized facebook within lightroom, and reauthorized it. I also shut down lightroom 4, and started it back up, to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a resolution?

I even tried reloading the plugin, but again, received the same error. Very troublesome that this started happening out of nowhere. On a side note, I have 190 photos in the album, which is under the 200 photo per album cap set by facebook. I am also experiencing this in only one of my facebook albums, which leads me to believe that this is a facebook issue.

Thanks for any advice you can recommend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue. I had Lightroom 4 Beta and bought the full v4 release last night as I thought this would have been fixed... But it still does not work with Lightroom 4. I did everything Paul stated as well.
Bummer city.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, I'm on LR 4 too - and also a few days ago stopped being able to upload to facebook... furthermore two things:

my "Wall Photos" album seemed to point to something non-existent - I can't make it point to the FB wall again - best I can do it point "wall photos" as "adobe lightroom uploads" album...

Also, the "facebook album" in the publish settings contains no information although looks like a drop down, cannot be "dropped down"... also, the settings page reports "could not retrieve facebook album"... something must have changed 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to upload to facebook late last night and again this morning with no problems. They may be fixing it while we type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt/Nik,

Found a workaround, which I hope is temporary. I had to make another collection, and it worked. I had 189 photos in my album, which I was trying to add a new photo to, causing this error message. I believe the maximum number of photos allowed by facebook in an album is 200. Doesn't make much sense to me, but it allowed me to upload the photo no problem, using the same exact settings, just different album. I'm going to do some investigation into this though, to see if it's a facebook issue, or if it's a lightroom issue. Signs are pointing toward facebook right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Paul. the 200 limit is correct. my biggest album is only 20 pics though. I wonder if it was creating the new publish collection did it. how did Lightroom handle handle remembering what you had and hadn't published?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working for me today now. I'm on LR 3.6. What worked this time was deauthorize LR fro FB, and then remove the LR app from FB.

Then I just authorized again it worked (this time). Lost the FB collections that had already been uploaded to FB though 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved it!
For me it was the permissions on facebook for the lightroom app.. mine was limited to only have permission to post for friends, but in fact some of my pics I was trying to make public... giving lightroom these permissions solved it:

see here: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-good...

i suspect your delete and re-add steps have achieved a similar effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For quite awhile now, I receive this error upon trying to export to my facebook account using the facebook publishing services.

"Photo upload failed. Returned error: (#10) Application does not have permission for this action"

I bought Lightroom 4 thinking that this might solve the issue. Can someone help me by shedding some light on this? Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try the solution that Nik pointed to and see if that helps with your error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff, thank you Nik! upon changing my facebook permissions from Custom to Public, the first upload failed after 3 photos out of 15, but then I tried again and all got published!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this, but no dice. I have a public album, but no matter what permissions are set to for the Lightroom app, I get the "permission mismatch" error in Lightroom trying to publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, Paul, Carlos, Joel,

Does the solution that Nik pointed to above also work to solve your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like something's maybe changed on the FB side. We'll work with them to try and improve the experience here. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I tried changing permissions from custom to friends, but it didn't work. I could try public but really I don't want to make all photos public just because of this issue. I have lightroom 3.5 and this has worked before but is no longer working. I've tried multiple times yesterday and today, restarting lightroom, logging in and out of FB. No luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shimona, you can give Lightroom *permissions* to post publicly without necessarily actually posting or making your galleries Public.I'd have another look at your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shimona, you can give Lightroom *permissions* to post publicly without necessarily actually posting or making your galleries Public.I'd have another look at your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nik, I tried that it didn't help unfortunately.

At the same time though I noticed that the plugin requests a ridiculous amount of permission that it can't possibly need.

- Access my friends' contact information
Online Presence
Friends' profile info: descriptions, activities, birthdays, education histories, groups, hometowns, interests, likes, locations, relationship statuses, relationship details, religious and political views, websites and work histories
Stories shared with you: events, notes, photos, status updates and videos

- Post on my behalf

- Access my data any time
Adobe Lightroom Export Plugin may access my data when I'm not using the application.

It would be nice if they cleaned that up a bit so that it's a more appropriate set of permissions. There's no reason for the lightroom plugin to request access to any information regarding my contacts' profile info.

Votes

Translate

Translate