• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Crash switching between programs

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my regularly used Adobe products are crashing very frequently.
Photoshop & Acrobat the most, multiple times a day
Lightroom occasionally

All up to date on OS and Adobe CC. Multiple restarts. Frequently, but not always, happens when switching from one adobe product to another. No other software on my computer is acting this way

This is very aggravating

__
Mojave 10.14 (18A391)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019
This should now be fixed in the Photoshop 20.0.3 release.
Feel free to update Photoshop and let us know if this is resolved for you.

To update Photoshop CC to 20.0.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.
More detailed instructions for updating

Sorry for the crashes!
Regards,
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had also Photoshop crash several times on me recently.  It's only the latest version that is doing this.   I have not upgraded my Mac to Mojave yet.   I only use Photoshop a few hours per week so it's significant that I've had crashes.  I edit headshots and portraits with perhaps a couple dozen layers, most of which are not full copies of the original but just adjustment or levels etc. 

Machine is 2015 MacBook Pro maxed out.  All software is current except the OS is pre-Mojave.  I am sorry that I don't have more information about the crashing, I will keep a log from now on.  

It is feasible that the crashes occurred because I had Chrome open with a several dozen window/tabs open.  I'm not convinced that Chrome plays well with other applications and memory when a lot of windows/tabs are opened.  I've since cut back.  But again, it's only the latest version of Photoshop that is crashing on me.   Perhaps it's a memory leak like Lightroom used to have?  We shall see.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.C., along with LR and Bridge have all gone down in the last couple of days. A sign of the times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had a crash of LR or PS for years! But then, I use Win10 which 'just works'.

Happy Xmas,

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen, thanks for submitting a crash report with your email address. I was able to find your report. The primary crasher you're hitting should be address in a forthcoming update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're on a Mac (I'm a Mac IT Pro), try this: Give your Mac the "once over"! Run the free Onyx (https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html), reboot. (In Onyx just run everything in the Automation tab). Run Disk Warrior if you can ($120),  (https://www.alsoft.com), reboot. If you can’t do Disk Warrior, at least run First Aid from Disk Utility. Also just doing a "Safe Boot" can clear out caches (restart, hold down shift until you see "Safe Boot" on the screen, then reboot normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS-16GB RAM is, sadly, no longer enough! I have a 16GB iMac, and have to run Memory Clean like 10 times/day, even with every other app closed! https://fiplab.com/apps/memory-clean-for-mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacPro has 128GB of RAM, and LR 8 will gobble up as much as 85GB when doing nothing.  I too have to run Memory Clean 3 around 10/day, but only when LR is running.  Otherwise, no issues.

LR has memory leakage, plain and simple.  And the more RAM available to grab, it will do so with impunity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, so do I !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all know, that W 10 causes many problems, one gets crazy. But this time it's not Microsoft, it's CC 2019 - Macs have the same or similar problems and older version of CC work perfectly. 
I hope the promised update leads back to the traditional prefect quality - please test it first with photographers doing their daily work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think Adobe might waive my annual fee until I'm able to use the latest version?,, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rich, I'm not seeing an submitted crash reports. I can investigate what you're seeing if you submit logs with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,if you are referring  to this issue,

Jeff,thanks for your response. .None of the options work,that is "Batch","Merger to HDR","PhotoMerge",,etc.even your"workaround" didn't do much for me.I dont use them that often so it isnt that important at the moment. However I would like to see it remedied.
Thanks again.

Im not getting a crash report,,it just that NOTHING happens when I 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen, can you install the 20.0.2 update. It should fix the primary crash you were seeing the most based on the logs you submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should now be fixed in the Photoshop 20.0.3 release.
Feel free to update Photoshop and let us know if this is resolved for you.

To update Photoshop CC to 20.0.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC.
More detailed instructions for updating

Sorry for the crashes!
Regards,
Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 20.0.4. It crashes several times per day. I have restarted my computer. I agree with Rich, Do you think Adobe might waive my annual fee until I'm able to use the latest version? I will be working on editing photos and it will crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop 20.0.4.  It crashes every time I use it!  I get a notice:  COULD NOT BUILD A PREVIEW DUE TO A PROGRAM ERROR.
I am on Photoshop CC 8 hours every day as I am a designer.  This is very frustrating!

I use Windows 10, with 16GB Ram.

Any advice?

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same issue as well.  I need Photoshop for my design work and it is becoming impossible to use it.  I am extremely frustrated.  

I am also using Win 10 with 16MB DDR4 Ram. 

I am open to any advice or options people can recommend 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2019 Sep 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop is crashing every time I use it as well. Seems to be only happening since the new updates. Completely unusable.

I'm on Win10 with 16gb ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is crashing with the new update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing a crash in Photoshop 21.0? I'm not seeing any crash reports associated with your email address. Ifyou haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with youremail address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am. I have to end photoshop in the task panel. Not giving me an option to submit crash reports. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running win 10 pro, I7 9700 CPU, 16GB ram , GTX1650 graphics card

Votes

Translate

Translate